Hot Rod Forum banner

Newbies intro section?

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Toyguyz 
#1 ·
How about having a section on your site for newbie intros?

I looked for a newbie intro section but didn't see one. I read some of the posts and even got caught up in some of the nonsense posts. I'm suggesting a Newbie Intro section as it's a great way for new memebers to explain a little about their particular interests and help them hook up with other members that have similar.

Here's a little bit about me...

I'm 48... My first car was a 1956 Ford wagon with a 390/3-speed... Next was a 64 T-Bird 390/auto... From there I went to a 65 Mustang with a 289 / dual Carter AFB's, PSP Bubble scoop, 4-speed... Traded that for a 32 Chevy chopped 5-window coupe and put the mill out of the Mustang in it... I also had 62 Lincoln 4 door, what a boat but it hauled... Then there was the ol' 71 Cougar 351C, (I know Ford guy right)... A brief period followed with a Norton 750 Commando, (didn't last long, I like the open road but something about insects in the face at high speed wasn't real appealing to me)... Then another 65 Mustang with you guessed it a 289 mill... After that came a early 70's Eldorado, (room for the kids), with a 500 ci front wheel drive, (kind of fun smokin' the front tires)... Then there was a Seville, (kids needed room) and a 70 Ranchero project with a 351C which I kept for years and just recently parted with, (I miss that truck, sob)... Got back on the performance track and had a 76 Vette 350 and a 67 Chevy PU 327 mill... Next came the 77 Vette with a 350, followed by a move to another state for employment which meant no more toys for awhile.

Currently I have my daily driver which is a 2002 Mustang GT with the 260 HP 4.6 V8, a 72 Triumph GT6 MKIII 2.0 straight 6 dual Strombergs, header, (work in progress), that I am making into a sleeper, a 94 Grand AM GT that will go to my son soon, (good on gas and has a DOHC 16 valve Quad 4 HO w/ 5-speed tranny) and my old reliable 96 Taurus for hauling groceries, (currently on loan to my son while I finish the Grand AM).

I admit I currently don't have Old American Steel in my toy bin but have invested many pounds of flesh into them over the years.

I plan to visit the site for advice and to offer advice when I can. As you can tell by this post, I have been tinkering with Fords for many years but have also been up to my elbows in most other brands through the years helping friends with their mods.

Feel free to email me if you may have any questions and I'll try to answer them if I can.

In closing, great site with a subject that has always been near and dear to me, Hot Roddin'.

regards,
Roy (aka...Toyguyz)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.