Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Reply to Topic -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools> Metal/Tube Bending
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

Thread: Metal/Tube Bending Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
01-06-2016 06:00 PM
OneMoreTime Benders are fairly specialized items. My tube bender goes up to 2 inch tube and handles 1 3/4 120 wall DOM easily as well as having dies available for about any size or shape including square tubing.. the little flat bar bender we use for making hinges and brackets.. I have not in 50 years found any one size fits all bender. On the jd2 just order the die you will be using and as needed if you have a project that needs a different size. I do not have every die made for mine just the sizes that I need..

01-06-2016 05:18 PM
71chally Sam thanks for the reply and the help. I saw those but the price of the dies has me concerned.Plus I want something that can do a decent job at about any task, not just stuck into tube bending only.

Could I not do the same with the one I linked and these? Or is there something I am missing?
Round Tubing Dies : Aluminum Tube Bender :
01-06-2016 05:10 PM
OneMoreTime The one you linked to is what we call a strap bender for bending stuff like brackets and such...I have one in my shop..

for tube you need one of these..

JD2 model three: JD Squared, Inc. - Model 3 Bender

that is what I have in the shop..bends about anything I need to do for cages chassis and headers..

01-06-2016 03:58 PM
Metal/Tube Bending

Iíve been looking at getting a metal and tubing bender lately. Want something to keep around the shop and do a little bit of everything. I found some hydraulic ones, but with the accessories I want it would be a small fortune. Looked at Chicom Freight of course but I don't really like offshore tools.

I found these ones that appear to be us made and with a good warranty. Howron Industries Metal Benders

Anyone have any "direct" experience with these benders or another option I should look into?


Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.