|Today 07:27 AM|
|Too Many Projects|
|Today 04:48 AM|
|123pugsy||Really great John. Looks like a great time. Just how loud is it without the exhaust?|
|Yesterday 08:06 PM|
Temp, charge, oil pressure, fuel gauge all perfect too. It really was a good night.
Now for a top and exhaust.
|Yesterday 07:54 PM|
|Too Many Projects||
1 year ago, did you even DREAM you would be doing this today ???!!!
Tell Steve he is the Miracle Worker...
|Yesterday 05:31 PM|
WE BE CRUZIN!
Would you look at this. Precious photobombed my picture of Steve!
|05-20-2020 05:56 PM|
|05-20-2020 04:27 PM|
The convertible top irons are now painted and assembly can begin. This has been every bit as difficult as I was afraid it would but I am thrilled I was able to make them this good.
We also called S$H Chrome in Nashville and they advised our chrome should be ready in about three weeks.
|05-13-2020 07:21 PM|
You know, one of the aggravating things to me is all these YouTube videos and how to articles that show how to do a project but never show the back ground work that goes into it first.
For example, I took an upholstery course and the fellow upholstered a 54 Chevy seat but never mentioned how to deal with 65 year old springs. Soooo, I am going to go into a little more detail than usual here but maybe somebody with an old convertible will be glad I did.
Steve Epoxied, mudded and re-epoxied my bows and brought them to me Monday. They look great and as always, he undercharged for the job. Thanks again Steve!
I had saved a little piece of the old tack strip for a sample of the profile I needed.
The biggest hard rubber tack strip you get these days is not big enough to fill this channel so I installed a thinner piece first. If you look closely you can see the thin piece laid in the channel and a test piece shaped and laid on top, making up the correct profile.
I then used urethane windshield seal to make a "bed" for the rubber tack strip to live in.
I do believe when it all sets up and the retainer "fingers" are bent up, it will be properly captured and give good service.
I also did the rear bow which was pretty simple and straight forward. It too, now lives in a bed of urethane sealant.
That just leaves the rear tack strip on the header bow which the pads staple to. It should be simple and straight forward and can be done as soon as the front strip is dry.
Hopefully, this is not over kill and will help someone else working on an old ragtop that is not exactly in mint condition.
|05-12-2020 04:15 PM|
|123pugsy||A thing of beauty John.|
|05-12-2020 03:14 PM|
Charlie sent me a picture of our patch installed and tacked in. It is really gratifying to know he is pleased with it.
|05-12-2020 07:16 AM|
|cgates||You are amazing|
|05-11-2020 04:30 PM|
I did a fun little project for a friend today. Charlie needed to replace his spare tire well in his '67 Biscayne (I think). What he needed was a panel that would allow him to carry the square beads through that area so it appeared stock, as if the well had never been there.
I was concerned that the beads were too deep and too narrow for me to make then on the bead roller and expected to have to make something that would work with the metal break.
By setting the bead roller up with the offset dies shimmed out about 3/16, we were able to make a panel that is going to work well, I think.
Anyway, It was a fun day. We got to help a friend and were treated to free pizza. Everybody was a winner.
|05-07-2020 09:10 PM|
|MGK||Spiced egg custard pie, about the same spices as pumpkin, it's Amish|
|05-07-2020 09:02 PM|
|Too Many Projects|
|05-07-2020 08:42 PM|
Basically it is a pecan pie with whole rolled oats added. They rise to the surface while it is baking and provide the "foe" pecan topping. There are no nuts in it but it is hard to tell it from a real pecan pie.
My wife used to make them. I searched and found the recipe on YouTube.
|This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|