Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Old style radiator new style motor..
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 06:35 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,430 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhauk90
So i have a 1953 f100 radiator i want to hook upto a 351w. I'm a bit confused on how to make the 2 work.. The radiator has 4 necks for coolant hoses (2 on the the top and 2 on the bottom).. But you only need and inlet and outlet for the windsor motor.. So does anyone have any idea how i would go about making that radiator work with the newer motor? I was thinking i could have someone weld up one coolant neck on the top and the bottom.. But i'm really unsure how those radiators were intended to work?
What you have is a radiator for a flat head V8. These used dual water pumps, thus the pairs of inlet and outlet bibs.

Your choices are to use one of each top and bottom bib and plug the unused one. Or construct a Y or T manifold out of copper plumbing parts or welded steel tube to split the out going flow at the top to both inlets and do the same at the bottom for the outlet into the pump. You could do the same with large diameter stainless braid hose and fittings, but this is the high price spread, though would look beyond cool.

Bogie