Old Vet wants a muscle car - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2016, 06:35 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Old Vet wants a muscle car

I'm just an older man looking to buy or build a 500hp muscle S 10 or Nova.

It's never going to the strip but will be used for Turkey Runs and different hot rod gatherings in Cocoa Beach FL.

I'm currently in Phnom Penh Cambodia but of course I have a Magic Jack

I have a high interest in S 10 extreme packages, with engine, without engine, doesn't matter.

I'm looking at White Performance in TN and considering one of their crate engines.

I emailed a person here in AZ that claims he can build a 900hp for 2 grand, this I have to see.

Thanks

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2016, 07:11 AM

welcome to the site

u got a nice vision and a fun toy to look forward to..
but 900hp for 2 grand ???? well maybe.. i figure each fuel injector will have it's own NOS bottle..
a little nitro in the fuel tank.. and john force look out..
Old 10-09-2016, 11:56 AM

Even if you could buy a 900 hp engine for $20,000, it would require 100% aftermarket drivetrain components, fame/unibody reinforcements, etc. And lots of those mods are needed even with 500hp.

I'd suggest looking at how you would drive the vehicle before throwing out a big horsepower number. For cruises, you'll want something that will be happy at highway RPM, say 2000-2500 depending on cubic inches and gearing. And something that will run OK and won't overheat while cruising through the drive-in. A 500 hp engine, unless its a 6.2L LS or big block, will not be happy below 3,000 RPM, if that.

I'd say you should shoot for a 1500-4500 RPM power band that's as flat as Kansas, and make horsepower a secondary consideration. A 383 that makes makes 400-450 lb of tire-shreding torque, and revs to 5000 RPM will be a blast to drive at any RPM, even if peak horsepower is "only" 400-425.

Check this out: GM Performance Engines | ZZ383 | Chevy Crate Engine | GM Crate Motor | GM Crate Engine

Tags
s10 extreme, sbc, strokers, tubbed chassis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in