Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Oldsmobile 425
Thread: Oldsmobile 425
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 02:29 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I have a customer that has one in a 70 Bronco of all things. They did a hack job installing a GM power steering box on it and screwed up the front end geometry. I wondered why he always brought it over on a tow bar til I drove it. Lots of torque, pulls the front end up on acc and goes hard right, went left on decel. Beautiful looking rig, just not driveable. He even rolled it in town once showing off. I worked on the motor and trans, he never mentioned the steering. Guess it has always been that way.

Anyway, I talked him into letting me fix it for him as a winter project. Now you can let go of the steering wheel on acc or decel. Great engine, just a bit much for a Bronco. It has the stock cast iron manifold which is for a Quadrajet, someone put a square bore adapter on it and a Holley, I don't like the mismatch. Plus it raised the carb up high enough to smash the air cleaner down enough to stop the choke from opening. With a drop base air cleaner, it runs pretty strong again. He wants me to change the intake next.

I was not aware of the 425 lifter bore angle difference, thats good information to know.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk