Quick help, 73-79 maverick to falcon splindles?? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2013, 11:46 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quick help, 73-79 maverick to falcon splindles??

Ive got a simple question i need an answer on fast as possible, will 73-79 maverick spindles fit on a 69 falcon? And if they are set up currently for drum can i convert them to disc?? Thanks guys

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Automotive Extraordinaire

Not sure on the Maverick spindles, but since both cars are FOX based chassis, I would assume they would interchange. If not 75 and up granada spindles with discs brakes are a common upgrade for early mustangs so again I would think they would work on the falcon also. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Kelly
Old 07-20-2013, 11:56 PM
Banned

here you go fast, read and do your homework!! or do you need help with a simple 2 second google search!!!

Kelly hotrod - disk brake swap page 1
The Following User Says Thank You to killeratrod For This Useful Post:
carolinacustoms (07-21-2013)

Old 07-20-2013, 11:58 PM

I found spindles FINALLY but before i bought them i wanted to know. Thats better than i knew a few minutes ago. Thank you, if anyone else has any info pass it along please, im glad im not the only one up
Old 07-21-2013, 12:09 AM
Banned

type in 69 falcon to marverick spindles, many things to look at.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:21 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions
Wiki Edits: 27

new Mustang calipers.

One of the falcoln fairlane forums had a diagram on how to make a bracket to use new mustang GT calipers. more google time
Old 07-22-2013, 03:34 AM

I looked on google for about an hour, now im having a problem finding a list of compatable spindles for my 69 falcon... Im thinking a full list so i dont have to ask again. I got screw over on the last ones
Old 07-22-2013, 07:24 AM

1974-1977 Maverick/Comet
1975-1980 Granada or Mercury Monarch

Read through the link posted in post 3, it has all the information on how to do the swap. and what will interchange.

Kelly
Old 07-22-2013, 12:04 PM

I know, i saw but its hard finding the damn parts and i know what i need. I dont have the damn maverick spindles, i found 78 ltd 2 ones instead. Ill assume they fit themselves onto the falcon
Old 07-22-2013, 03:28 PM

Ok, now I'm confused. Your original question was.....

Ive got a simple question i need an answer on fast as possible, will 73-79 maverick spindles fit on a 69 falcon? And if they are set up currently for drum can i convert them to disc?? Thanks guys

When a few of us gave you the answer to the question, you replied....

I found spindles FINALLY but before i bought them i wanted to know. Thats better than i knew a few minutes ago. Thank you, if anyone else has any info pass it along please, im glad im not the only one up

Then you posted....

I looked on google for about an hour, now im having a problem finding a list of compatable spindles for my 69 falcon... Im thinking a full list so i dont have to ask again. I got screw over on the last ones

So, I can only guess that the spindles you found were either sold before you got them, or were not what you thought they were? Is that why you looked on google for an hour for more spindles? I don't understand why you were looking for a list of compatible spindles when it was already given to you in previous posts "now im having a problem finding a list of compatable spindles for my 69 falcon... Im thinking a full list so i dont have to ask again." The list is in the link on post #3 1974-1977 Maverick/Comet, or 1975-1980 Granada or Mercury Monarch.

Now you say that you know what you need, but bought the wrong one's anyway?

I know, i saw but its hard finding the **** parts and i know what i need. I dont have the **** maverick spindles, i found 78 ltd 2 ones instead. Ill assume they fit themselves onto the falcon

I have offered help, but apparently I did not understand you question? Maybe someone else can offer some advice, because I am at a loss of information at the moment.

Best of luck with the project. I hope you can find the parts you need and are looking for.

Kelly
The Following User Says Thank You to carolinacustoms For This Useful Post:
Roy-ford (07-22-2013)
Old 07-22-2013, 06:59 PM

ok, im sorry about the confusion, you are correct. i was going to buy the maverick spindles but it wound up getting sold. the new ones i found are 78 LTD II the full set up. i have a slight reading disability and its hard for me to look for stuff, thats why i joined a forum so more experienced people could help, and thats all ive gotten is help. tomorrow im going to dudes house to wrench off a set of spindles from said LTD, i looked on google and it says i can use them with 15 in tires or igger to accomadate the brakes being bigger. so i guess this should solve my issue... if im wrong let me know, otherwise i guess ill bring my falcon spindles and set up and if they match well then ill get them... best i can do. hes selling me basically everything for the spindles to so rods wont be an issue
Old 07-22-2013, 11:31 PM

I honestly can't say for sure that they will fit and work, However I think the LTD 2 was pretty close to the granada based chassis, so there's a good chance that it will. If it does fit, let us know what (if anything) you had to modify to get things up and running. I know with the previously mentioned spindle swaps the tie rod ends are all that have to be changed. That information could come in useful for others that may have a similar body to your falcon that are looking to do the swap.

I'm glad you are finding the help and information on this site that you were hoping to, hopefully something I have offered has been useful.

Kelly
The Following User Says Thank You to carolinacustoms For This Useful Post:
Roy-ford (07-23-2013)
Old 07-23-2013, 09:33 AM
Gotta love a turbo!

Last journal entry: Body on Frame today.

Go over to Ford Maverick / Mercury Comet Forums, there are several people that have hoarded used Maverick parts and can supply you with spindles. You'll have to sign up to access the members, but you can read the classifieds and see what's available there...

Russ
Old 07-23-2013, 09:20 PM

Well i wound up takin the trip and found some really cool people with 30 plus years experience, the spindes fit in two out of three joint, the third being the lower control arm but all i have to do it replace the ball joint which i needed to do anyway
Old 07-24-2013, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy-ford View Post
Well i wound up takin the trip and found some really cool people with 30 plus years experience, the spindes fit in two out of three joint, the third being the lower control arm but all i have to do it replace the ball joint which i needed to do anyway

So the LTD 2 spindles will work in the factory upper control arm and the tie rod, but the lower has to be changed? If I understand correctly then I believe the 79-93 mustang spindle would also work in a similar manner, but I will have to check on that a little more to see. Glad you were able to get things figured out.

Kelly

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in