Registering custom built cars in pa - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2015, 03:05 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Registering custom built cars in pa

Hello I wasn't sure if this was the place to ask but I was hoping someone that went through registering a custom built car in pa could clear some things up for me. I am thinking about building a cj-2a or cj-3b haven't decided yet. I found about everything I would need to build a willy from frame up but I am not sure if It would be worth doing I would like to drive the car as a daily driver someday or drive it at least 3 days a week to and from work and getting around town but I know every state as their own weird rules. I do not want to put antique plates on it and only be able to drive it one day a week to me that wouldn't be worth investing a few thousands into building it. I also wanted to know after you go through all the tests required by state for safety what kind of title will my car I built get, Will it receive a clear title like all cars do that are just built from a factory or will it have to get a reconstructed title even though it has all new parts including the frame. I checked my my dmv website and It doesn't really tell you these things just roughly describes the papers you will have to fill out. So basically I would like to know if there is any limit to how much I can drive my car and what kind of title it will receive after registering, thanks.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2015, 04:49 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Not sure about your situation, but it might be worth a call to Skippy's Auto Sales in Berwick, PA ("midnitetowing.com/skippys-auto-sales/"). They walked me thru titling my 48 Plymouth street rod. They were very knowledgeable, made calls to PA DMV, and performed the required "Enhanced Inspection" after retitling from "Antique" to "Street Rod". Very helpful people. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2015, 05:18 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Wiki Edits: 3

Bunch of info here for you..

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/w...itle_a_hot_rod

Sam

Tags
custom built car, hot rod, replica

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in