Revolutionary metal working tool? - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Poll Results: Junk or Jewel?
Junk, just another gimmick. 22 81.48%
Jewel, I can't wait to start using it. 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2005, 03:04 PM
Shabby chic sheet metalshaper

Wiki Edits: 0

Hi Randy,

I have thought about this for a bit and reread the entire thread. You evidently thought I was calling Wray a thief. You should know me better by now. I am disappointed that you would attack me this way in a public forum that we both contribute to without first contacting me with your concerns. I thought we were friends despite the stupid fued between the two online metalshaping communities, both of which I'm a part of. I've never been anything but complimentary of you and Wray.

You as much as called me a thief, which is beneath you. You mentioned that the thread was nothing but an advertisement for Darryl, and my shrinking disc and video. I suggest you reread the thread and point out where I was advertising. I think I made some good points in this thread that have nothing to do with commerce. Maybe you would like to contribute something constructive to this thread. I'm sure you have some interesting insights into Darryl's tool. I hope you will reconsider what you wrote, and that we can still be friends.

As far as Wrays' small shrinking discs...I remember him talking about making them, and I remember Ron Brown talking about making a small shrinking disc back in mid 2002. I don't remember seeing pictures of them before I made the disc with a safety flange. If someone made one that looks like the one several of us are now making before about end of 2002 to the beginning of 2003, I have not seen it. I'm sure most folks couldn't care less. As far as I know Scott Knight made the first shrinking disc, an idea he probably got from old timers using wornout sanding discs to shrink.

Shall we both get back to contributing to this site?

John

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2005, 06:01 PM

John,

This is the first I have looked at this thread.

All I will say is it shocks me, I was a little shocked at your postings on my thread about the CD's but thought I was reading things into it so let it go.

This thread explained everything to me that I did not understand or know.

As a business owner like you I think we should take the high road on promoting our products.

If someone writes in about Marhyde, I should either stay away from that thread or only answer technical question if I know the answer and can help but in no way answer and in a round about way try and promote my product over that product.

A website does not appear with my name.

I had no idea! Very disappointed.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Thanked 7,101 Times in 4,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Ferguson
John Kelly,

This entire thead is one big advertisement, by the way, not only for the Dominator thingy, but also for John's shrinking discs and videos. Randy Ferguson
Randy, I know nothing about the other issues you brought up. I agree sort of with your last comment. But this is a subject I brought up without ever dreaming the guy who is selling it would jump in on the conversation. This "advertizement" is more talking about a concept than a product. This Dominator is such an interesting concept I feel it is worth talking about. Much like a shrinking disc or a foam buffing pad was talked about when it was first introduced. I remember laughing at that foam pad!

You are one of the master metal workers in the industry, I was really hoping to hear what you thought about this concept.

Brian

Old 12-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Shabby chic sheet metalshaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK
John,

This is the first I have looked at this thread.

All I will say is it shocks me, I was a little shocked at your postings on my thread about the CD's but thought I was reading things into it so let it go.

This thread explained everything to me that I did not understand or know.

As a business owner like you I think we should take the high road on promoting our products.

If someone writes in about Marhyde, I should either stay away from that thread or only answer technical question if I know the answer and can help but in no way answer and in a round about way try and promote my product over that product.

A website does not appear with my name.

I had no idea! Very disappointed.
Hi Barry,

Please explain what you mean. I have reread that post as well and have no idea what you are referring to. I have always tried to take the high road, and am concerned that you apparently feel I have done otherwise.

John
Old 12-02-2005, 09:18 PM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

GESUMPETES!!!! YOU GUYS TRIP ME OUT!! YA SOUND LIKE ABUNCH OF OLD WOMEN AT CHUCH SOCIAL!! Guys. Look we're talkin about tools and metal. You don't want to buy my tool. DON'T! It's not even for sale! I was willing to GIVE you the tool. You an old time metal man thinkin your the greatest craftsman out there, and nothing can beat your tried and ture ways? Then guess what? Keep doin it the old way, close your mind to any new product and idea, and just keep doin it the 'ole way'. And as far as commercializing the site, if you don't push great ideas then guess what again?!?!?

Last edited by Jon; 12-04-2005 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:03 PM

Last journal entry: A few more

I really don't see what the big deal is. Here's a guy that has a new product out and is willing to GIVE you a FREE sample at no cost to you. Its simple. He is so sure of his product that he has made this offer and as far as I'm concerned the guys that have had alot of experience at metal work and have been posting on this thread could at the least, give this guy a honest trial of this product and put a post on their results. Lets face it that's what I hope we are all here for is to learn,and learn with an open mind and not worry who said what about who. As for me, I'm going to send him the 20 bucks plus the return postage and the package to send it in and have a local metal pro come over to the shop and try it out. Enough said. It's time for me to get back to what this site is all about. Cheers All!!!!!
Old 12-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Wiki Edits: 7314

John Kelly, Randy Ferguson -- try to discuss this by PM if possible, or, if you prefer, start another thread. I've sent PMs to both of you guys, thanks for the responses.

Darryl -- you're welcome here. Your product seems intriguing, and you seem like an interesting guy to talk to. Keep in mind that this is the largest hotrodding site on the net; we do sometimes get company owners on here trying to market products to our guys, so we always have to be careful about that. I did some editing in this thread, just to remove a few pieces of promotional language so we can set the right example. The fact that you're offering free test products to our guys is appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:10 PM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

Big Jon. Thanks for the invite. It seems like this would be the last place a guy with a 'bogus' tool or product would want to windup at. These guys are BRUTAL! Look at the 'poll' responses! I think I would have to travel to their homes and businesses to PROVE it works and then, I'ld bet, half of'em would STILL denie! What ever. Look, this tool is now being distributed in Europe and Asia. The manufacturer and I own equal shares of that company, and he insisted on releaseing the tool now. I, on the other hand want to establish a quality web site, and trainning video, for the U.S. and Canada. Let's table all this, till I can get a tool in the hands of someone you guys respect, and then I want to make sure he knows what he's doing. You guys nominate somebody!
Old 12-04-2005, 02:37 PM

I did not take time to read whole thread.
send me one and I will work it to death
do collision work everyday

PJ
Old 12-04-2005, 02:50 PM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

So..... Your name is 'pimpjuice'! Ya never had time to read the 'thread', but, ya want be to send you one of my $400 tools to see if it works? Ok! Sure, what address?
Old 12-04-2005, 04:41 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Thanked 7,101 Times in 4,478 Posts
Darryl, I put my self addressed stamped envelope in the mail yesterday complete with a $20 bill to cover the cost of one of your "wheels" (I forget what you call them). Honestly, if someone can't see what this technology (forget the "Product" right now) can do with one of the wheels on their die grinder sending them a compete tool is a waste of time.

As I said in my letter I included, I don't know how important it is to have the different wheels, and which one I would want. I do 99.9% late model repair with a ton of minor stuff on new Toyotas (we have a contract with TLS, Toyota Logistics) so I think the least agressive would be the one. I hope to be able to see on the dents that a short die grinder will reach what this technology can do. But I also to a little restoration and would like to test it in metal finishing older thicker metals.

If you would like me to try other wheels and/or one of your tools with extended reach I would happily give you a deposit to ensure their return. Of course, I would be thrilled to find that it works as advertized and imagine at that point I would want to purchase the tool.

Either way I would love to get a DVD or your phone number to give you a call so I can shorten the learning curve so I can give the technology the best chance I can give it.

By the way, I voted for this before I learned more about it. I certainly wouldn't vote the same today. I should have added another option, "Looks interesting, I'll give it a try" would be what I would vote today.

Brian
Old 12-05-2005, 09:18 PM
DENT REMOVAL SYSTEM

Ok You Guys. Since I'm so new at all this enternet stuff and frankly don't know any of yall, what I'ld like, is a vote on Brian, or Randy or whom ever, and I will send out one of my tools with all the heads for him to try and then return. It will be one of my earlier prototype tools. It's not as accurate, it's a lot louder than the new model, but all and all it works, and any good body man can use it. And ps. what the hell is the little shrinking disc? If it moves metal I think I just made it obsolete! and once again, remember my earlier post on how the
Dominator is acutally shrinking the metal. My phone is 504-251-3368
Old 12-05-2005, 09:35 PM

For the best trial I'd vote for sending it to Randy, working metal to perfection is his trade. He can forward it on to Brian or anyone else for an accumulation of opinions if you want. Anxious to hear the test results, Bob
Old 12-06-2005, 04:08 AM
[email protected]

I really believe that Randy is a master metal worker. I would on the other hand have to believe that Brian (Martinsr) would be a better one to test that tool in the real world. I think Randy would not be able to test it in the real world like Brian could, because I think Randy doesn't do the same kind of repairs as Brian. Face it, Randy could probably make the dents disappear with a pencil and his fingers, with his experience.

As the concept makes sense to me, I would really like to hear from someone that has really tested it, with no financial stake in the deal. I have heard alot of hype over the many years, for all types of tools and what not. Some work, and some just don't. I don't want to be the one buying and testing them anymore.

Aaron
Old 12-06-2005, 05:16 AM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots

let Brian or Randy or John try it out. with those three, someone will like it, someone will hate it. I guarantee.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in