Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rip Van Winkles 1927 TCoupe on 32 style rails!
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 09:19 PM

Last journal entry: This thread is officially Kaput as of 11/07/2017
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for the detail photos Pat,

I see now that My attempt to spray the bolt with PB Blaster was in vain because of the tubes. I tried to use alternative holes to direct the spray to the screws but with the tubes in place I missed that boat.

The body is going to be moved maybe Saturday so I can get it on the table and lower the body to make it easier to reach things.

So far my observations have noted some significant damage to the lower end of the B pillars. I think I am going to have to do some fabricating on both pillars. I guess this thing is going to go down to almost nothing. Aw well I wasn't in a hurry now was I?

You are right when you say "This is fun" It is but sometimes I get a bit Funded out!! ha ha I will let you know early next week what I have found when I get to tearing into it..

BTW I hope your parts come in soon and about that new helmet..... Yes it is a requirement you must tell the other half you can't use a new welder without a new Hood. You have to match the weld frequencies or something like that. I recently dug an old auto dark helmet I had from 10 years ago out of the obsolete pile and replaced the broken headband and realized it was the best helmet I ever owned. I can actually see using this hood so I am a happy camper now..