Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rip Van Winkles 1927 TCoupe on 32 style rails!
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 01:22 PM
I will endevour to persevere

Last journal entry: This thread is officially Kaput as of 11/07/2017
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,106 Times in 611 Posts
John, I thought long and hard about which way to go cut frame or modify body pieces. I looked at a lot of Model T and Model A bodies that set on a deuce frame and almost every one they cut the rear frame to make it fit.

When you cut the frame you change the way it looks and I never saw one cut I really liked. They look like it was an after thought to make the frame fit. I actually found that by changing up and changing the body sub frame I could make the body sit stock and look like it was made that way.

The other reason I decided to change the body sub frame was it was so rotted it needed to be replaced from the doors back. As there are no replacement sub frames available and the used ones need just as much work.
It was a close decision and I have a ton of drawings showing it done both ways. I finally decided to do the modified body sub rails just because not a lot of people do that..

I guess I am what they call contraire. I like to do the less common and opposite things people expect..

I think when you see it complete and all together you will understand why I went that route. You will see what appears to be a UN-molested deuce frame with a stock T body on top as if it were made to be that way.