Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rip Van Winkles 1927 TCoupe on 32 style rails!
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 10:08 PM

Last journal entry: This thread is officially Kaput as of 11/07/2017
Wiki Edits: 0

Slow but steady progress

The days are a bit cooler now but I am slowly moving closer to my first goal and that is to have a rolling chassis setting on 4 tires before December.

I am closing in on that goal.

Lets see I have the front cross member in and welded it one pass. It will need a second pass to make me comfortable. The Body cross members are all tacked I repeat tacked only! I built a custom set of 4 link brackets for the forward end of the rear 4 link. They are currently clamped to the frame where they need to be, subject to my last thoughts on ride height!

The differential 4 link brackets are welded to the Ford 8.8 rear end and all the stock brackets removed. The rear is setting in place at ride height and connected to the 4 links. I have a perfect location or my panhard bar so that can be done real soon. I do have some work to do on the rear of the frame but that is cosmetic not structural.

Cross members continue to be the current theme. I got all but 1 in right where they needed to be and the one that was off was me not thinking ahead and seeing "The Big Picture". I had the cross member too close to the rear diff and would have been in the way on bumps.

I cut the offending square cross member back out and went to a plan B. I am going to use a round tube rear cross member and move it aft of the diff. I have it wedged in at the moment so I can make final adjustments and measurements before tacking all the brackets in place.

I still have lower structure to add to the frame for rigidity and for the trans mount but that will be part of phase 2 next.

Well back to work or should I say play. I haven't had this much fun in many many moons..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	frame1.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	248346   Click image for larger version

Name:	frame2.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	248354   Click image for larger version

Name:	frame3.JPG
Views:	66