Rip Van Winkles 1927 TCoupe on 32 style rails! - Page 21 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Projects/Builds/My Ride
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2020, 11:38 AM
I will endevour to persevere

Last journal entry: This thread is officially Kaput as of 11/07/2017
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,036 Times in 578 Posts
Times 2 on the workshop. The wife and I have an understanding that she is not allowed to place her stuff or park in my Shop. Besides she has a bay on the attached garage and her own 10 X 16 ***** Barn. (she hates the term She Shed) So I won't have to worry about her monopolizing my space.

Oh hey Brian, if you are out there this is for you... Wahhhhhhhh Hooooooooooo we finally getting under way..

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Rip VW For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (01-29-2020)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2020, 11:59 AM
Grand Prix User

Last journal entry: Last look

Thanked 6,153 Times in 3,563 Posts
Well that was certainly a long row to plow but you got the furrow straight, sounds like. Bully for you and keep us posted. Good to hear a peep from you.
The Following User Says Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
Rip VW (01-30-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 10:35 PM
I will endevour to persevere

Last journal entry: This thread is officially Kaput as of 11/07/2017

Thanked 1,036 Times in 578 Posts
Hey, do I have a black cloud hovering over me. Surely I must be scheduled for problems for the next millennia.

Hey there IDJ yeah I will occasionally peep. but try not to make a habit of it. ha ha

Site work got a slow start this morning just after they showed up and was starting work we had a series of Thunder cells one after another roll through and the guys being smart said they would return when the cells were done. They returned about 2 1/2 hours later and the weather was quite nice for several hours. They started digging and went about 15 feet and struck the water line to my house. The repair took a couple a trips to the hardware store and about 2 hours of downtime but they got back on it, and by 5:00 pm had 75% of the footings dug.

Here is an interesting side note: About 3 1/2 months ago I called for line locate service. They sent a guy out and he spent a couple of hours mapping power water phone cable etc. They told me they would only trace to the meter but no farther past the edge of my property on the sewer.

So I take photos measure marks and document all the utilities. on paper. I still needed the sewer mapped where it comes across my yard. Short story I hired a locate on my dime

He comes out maps the sewer with depth and location. While he was here I had him confirm the water line location. he marked it all the way to the house.

Well hitting the water line where it was NOT supposed to be was the first clue someone missed the boat big time. the water line was mapped on the other side of the building 30 feet away from where we struck it! I don't know what he was following but the water line was marked clear of the area.

As they are digging the dirt away from the water line they find the main sewer line running next to the water line. It was supposed to be 8 feet away but it was not there but here. we were so lucky we only hit the water line and not the sewer line. I and the contractor were flabbergasted. This was totally screwed up by the independent Locators, they were so far off I thought I heard Chinese being spoken. I guess the old "Trust But Verify" is still a valid policy.

So tomorrow they will finish the footing dig and put the forms down. The contractor has set a aggressive schedule as they will call for inspection on the footings Next Monday Morning and they will pour concrete at 2:00 pm. The basic framing will commence soon after 48 hours or more and the trusses are scheduled for delivery on the 13th and onward from there. Keeping at this pace I will be moving my stuff in by march 30....

I am concerned of damage on my equipment in my storage! My shop was moved to storage by a crew of movers and I didn't see anything obvious but when there is that much equipment and stuff being moved, by people that have never even seen this kind of stuff, and whom are used to moving furniture not car stuff. It may be of a some concern.. I hope I am concerned for nothing. To me the guys looked like they knew what they were doing so we shall see.

No pictures tonight but tomorrow when they get the forms down I will take a couple photos and post them up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rip VW For This Useful Post:
John long (01-30-2020)

Old 01-30-2020, 03:55 AM
Purists Hate Me

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: SEAM SEALER
Wiki Edits: 29

Thanked 4,285 Times in 2,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip VW View Post
Hey, do I have a black cloud hovering over me. Surely I must be scheduled for problems for the next millennia.

Hey there IDJ yeah I will occasionally peep. but try not to make a habit of it. ha ha

Site work got a slow start this morning just after they showed up and was starting work we had a series of Thunder cells one after another roll through and the guys being smart said they would return when the cells were done. They returned about 2 1/2 hours later and the weather was quite nice for several hours. They started digging and went about 15 feet and struck the water line to my house. The repair took a couple a trips to the hardware store and about 2 hours of downtime but they got back on it, and by 5:00 pm had 75% of the footings dug.

Here is an interesting side note: About 3 1/2 months ago I called for line locate service. They sent a guy out and he spent a couple of hours mapping power water phone cable etc. They told me they would only trace to the meter but no farther past the edge of my property on the sewer.

So I take photos measure marks and document all the utilities. on paper. I still needed the sewer mapped where it comes across my yard. Short story I hired a locate on my dime

He comes out maps the sewer with depth and location. While he was here I had him confirm the water line location. he marked it all the way to the house.

Well hitting the water line where it was NOT supposed to be was the first clue someone missed the boat big time. the water line was mapped on the other side of the building 30 feet away from where we struck it! I don't know what he was following but the water line was marked clear of the area.

As they are digging the dirt away from the water line they find the main sewer line running next to the water line. It was supposed to be 8 feet away but it was not there but here. we were so lucky we only hit the water line and not the sewer line. I and the contractor were flabbergasted. This was totally screwed up by the independent Locators, they were so far off I thought I heard Chinese being spoken. I guess the old "Trust But Verify" is still a valid policy.

So tomorrow they will finish the footing dig and put the forms down. The contractor has set a aggressive schedule as they will call for inspection on the footings Next Monday Morning and they will pour concrete at 2:00 pm. The basic framing will commence soon after 48 hours or more and the trusses are scheduled for delivery on the 13th and onward from there. Keeping at this pace I will be moving my stuff in by march 30....

I am concerned of damage on my equipment in my storage! My shop was moved to storage by a crew of movers and I didn't see anything obvious but when there is that much equipment and stuff being moved, by people that have never even seen this kind of stuff, and whom are used to moving furniture not car stuff. It may be of a some concern.. I hope I am concerned for nothing. To me the guys looked like they knew what they were doing so we shall see.

No pictures tonight but tomorrow when they get the forms down I will take a couple photos and post them up.

Excellent news Rip. Except the pipe of course.
The Following User Says Thank You to 123pugsy For This Useful Post:
Rip VW (01-30-2020)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in