Well here it is springtime for some of us but still a deep freeze for others. I got out to the shop today with the expectations to start back on the T Coupe. I was actually successful and made more progress in a couple of hours than I have the last few months.
Before I get to the Coupe details I want to speak about certain people whom seem to be on a life mission to be more of an [email protected]
@ than of any help to anyone. These people know who they are and unfortunately they are everywhere we go! I normally let these people blather on about how damn smart they are or totally ignore them. Well about a month or so I got so Pi$$ed off I logged out of this place and stayed completely away from this place a little over 2 weeks.
I was really bothered by the dimwit. Then like a light being switched on I realized I spend way too much time on this damn computer, and that I am taking this thing too damn seriously. I have been letting this thing waste to much of my little time I have left. When I finally turned this computer back on I had accomplished a lot in the down time. It did prove my point.
I went on a bit of attack on the shop. I had way to much crap in there that was just using space I can use for fabrication. 2 truckloads of crap later I can now move about the shop and get to all of my tools without having to run an obstacle course.
I had a dark area in my shop due to lack of light fixtures. I actually needed 4 more fixtures. In a stroke of luck the local big box store was having a clearance sale on 4 foot troffer lights for $15.99 each and they were 4 foot 4 bulb fixtures complete with bulb and connection whip. A smoking deal it was. I convinced my brother to come over and do an install on the fixtures and I now finally have the right amount of light.
So here today I decided to get back on the deck lid and get on with body fitting. I last stopped where I was going to have form the back top of the deck lid skin and it was going to be “Interesting” at the very least. I had measured and marked and measured some more and had the bend line laid out. I watched a ton of video on this weird curve.
So I rigged up a portable adjustable saw roller to rest the skin on while I was tipping the skin. I ran it through a couple of time and got a good bend started. I switch to hammer and dolly and worked the edge farther. Then I went over to the shrinker to relieve the stress. I did this over and over very slowly and the edge formed pretty darn good. I need to finish bending and shrinking it a bit more but ran out of time today. Tomorrow I hope to have the flange completely formed and the hinge reinforcement plates laid out and ready to fit. The last bit will be the inner shell which has already been laid out. I might actually finish this deck lid this year.
Just a few in progress pics.. and a little Garage Art.