Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rip Van Winkles 1927 TCoupe on 32 style rails!
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 03:02 AM
Slow but willing learner

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 8,063 Times in 4,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip VW View Post
Best Laid Plans

You know I thought I was going to have the inside of both of my doors in primer by now! Ha it seems I am never done with one thing till I see something else that needs attention. I fit the channels, made brackets for mounting and made a few internal repairs and straightened some parts.

I thought OK the inside is ready to be primed. I was just going to prime the inside with Epoxy and then finish the outside when I was ready. I finally decided I have spent to much time over thinking and counter thinking and it was starting to make my head hurt.

So I changed my plan and decided to strip the outside down to bare steel now and get everything cleaned, cut, fit, and ready to prime. Once everything is ready I will prime the inside and outside of the door, and the back side of the door skin. I will mask off a small area where I will be welding the panel and after welding it up the rest of the door will get fully primed with SPI. That will finish the door till ill I am ready to finish the exterior bodywork.

So tomorrow I will trim to fit the skin and maybe get it ready to weld in place. We shal see..
I like your plan. It is easier for me if I can complete a smaller job before moving on. The satisfaction of the completed door, deck lid or whatever, really keeps me motivated. .....good stuff.

I assume you will hold off final welding the door skin until you can fit the doors to the body?

John
The Following User Says Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
Rip VW (08-18-2018)