Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rip Van Winkles 1927 TCoupe on 32 style rails!
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 11:39 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hi RVW, sorry to be reading your bad news on the swaged door panel edges.

I've just checked the measurements for you on my best set of doors and can confirm your center measurement of 47 1/2" is spot on while the other end measurements here are a fraction over 1/16" taller.

No big deal and it is possible yours may be correct.

I feel no shame in saying that I would never purchase Howell's panels that were critical in any way, with the exception of having the tools available and knowing full well that I would have to rework them.
I have done this with the rear below the deck lid panel on my T coupe.

I have found them not only to be poor with reproduction quality and they and others are world famous for producing those door skin panels, I'd call it fraud.
I also ordered a pile of model T panels for reworking and would you believe it, they sent me stuff for the wrong years.
That is OK if you reside in the USA but for others it is a killer and makes returning them out of the question.
I ended up having to sell all my wrong panels for 50% off to move them on.
You may have noticed I don't have a kind word for them and you should not feel as if any of the blame is yours.

It has been going on for years with little or no improvement...

If you need anything else please let me know.

Russ.
The Following User Says Thank You to fiftyv8 For This Useful Post:
Rip VW (08-18-2018)