Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rip Van Winkles 1927 TCoupe on 32 style rails!
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 11:26 PM
Grand Prix User

Last journal entry: Last look
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 5,439 Times in 3,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip VW View Post
IDJ

Have ya grown to appreciate this 80 90 100 year old stuff yet?
I can't spell the utterance I made reading this line, it was neither word nor lol. LOL

You said a mouthful there, friend.

Sheetmetal arrival has, I strongly believe, turned the tide of my project. Never been one to say no I can't do... anything, on the job. But sometimes maybe I should. No just doesn't compute for this guy or maybe you too. So it doesn't always occur to me that no is an option.

The thing about early Ford bodies that throws me for a loop is the where to begin conundrum. In order to begin a typical rust job on an A or T... Its almost as if in order to establish a foundation to build from, that bending round tubing to fit each side's character lines and tacking it there with the body still fully assembled would be that.

While we're flappin keyboards about it, I for one (probably the only) believe that symmetry is achievable. Perhaps not advisable from a practicality standpoint but nevertheless doable despite the but why factor. However, despite admitted traction (and sense) loss fitting doors in my case... I hope you and our buds here have seen my efforts this week to embrace the eyeball way fully. There wasn't enough to eyeball until metal came in. Just acknowledging what you've said here. But don't think I would or could ever abandon my cherished dimension fetish, its a positive that just hasn't walked this path before. I got used to fixing a mix of vehicles where no two may ever be the same design so I can adapt, its just that these things have nothing to even set the body down on when you start. Even worse, my job had already been to a rodeo or two.

Keep up the nice work. Your insights make the thread a hoot as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
Rip VW (09-23-2018)