Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rip Van Winkles 1927 TCoupe on 32 style rails!
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 02:39 PM

Last journal entry: This thread is officially Kaput as of 11/07/2017
Wiki Edits: 0

Well, here it is February and Not a huge amount of anything has happened. The home project drags painfully on. I think I have run into the worlds collection of weird and unforeseen problems. Nothing has moved in the shop TCoupe wise. I have just finished a ton of woodwork and repair of deferred maintenance around the house. Had to have my Septic tank inspected and that was a major criminal conspiracy between the County and the Certificated inspectors I popped out 1100 beans just for the inspection, Oh and I had to dig up the lid so he could lift it and say looks fine..

My back really acted up during the first of January But I was able keep pushing and only had a short down time. I had to put new trim around the whole base of the house because the original cardboard was falling apart. Had to do three sheets of the siding also from where the ol hot tub deck was. I got my brother to do that.

I have a few things to tend to inside and I think they won't be a big deal. When I worked outside on the trim I was able to just set in my wheel chair and work at lap height and it was pretty easy. I would back up and turn around and my Miter Saw was right there on a custom lowered table I built. I needed a board so the wife would pick up a board and set it on the saw ,I measured and marked and cut. Then she helped hold while I shot the nails. Worked pretty good!

The new house, shop, property improvements are crawling. One reason is we wanted to get this house listed at the first of the year. That didn't happen. I busted my rear all month and wanted to get listed on the first of this month, Then we were hit by a snow storm Power was off overnight and when it came back the surge took out my internet and phone. That started a 3 day process with CenturyLink and it took two visits by their tech and they finally repaired their self induced problem and left yesterday.

While all this is going on we are trying to pack and get stuff into storage. I have a moving/storage can in my front yard to load. We are at 80% of capacity so not everything we wanted to get into storage is going to make it so axes may fall again.

I cant believe we accumulated this much stuff in 24 years here. I could call myself a "Good Stuff" collector (Not hoarder) however I am biting the bullet and doing some serious thinning of my electronics shop equipment and keeping only the basics and what I need for fuel injection work. I have not even made any attempt to get the garage even semi packed.

Now looking at the pluses that has happened it is a wash.. The house plans are in the process of being finalized. We still need to settle an issue on my windows but I think they will see the light or glint of green!

I drew to scale the sight plan for the city as they requested a illustration of the house and shop locations. I went full tilt with a plan I drew in a architectural plan program. It showed the whole ball of wax down to the landscape vegetation plan. I took it to the plans office and they were blown away. They usually get a hand drawn property line and boxes for the buildings and that is it from non commercial builders. It made big points with the the plans lady and we should have cooperation completely as long as I stay nice to her.

My banker is just waiting to get the estimates from builders and other subs to get their bids in soon. Maybe sometime before next December we will get started turning dirt. ha ha ha ha

So maybe next month or so I will have some good news and progress.

Meanwhile I will Endevour to Persevere .

That's all folks, That's enough!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rip VW For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (02-07-2019), cozwurth (02-07-2019), Gearhead Poppa (02-07-2019), idrivejunk (02-07-2019), John long (02-07-2019)