Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rip Van Winkles 1927 TCoupe on 32 style rails!
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 08:52 PM
Slow but willing learner

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 8,939 Times in 4,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Good luck with your plans Rip. My Early years with the telephone co. convinced me I would never build a house. I just don't have the temperament to do it. I wish you well and hope you remain one of us here while work progresses.

We enjoyed Pugsy's build. We will gladly follow along with yours.

John
LOL, I remember posting this back when you advised us of your plans to build RIP.

What you are going through is completely normal and par for the course. I never knew anyone with a real smooth enjoyable experience building a new home. The ones who really go through [email protected] are the ones who decide to be their own contractor.

The good news is you will get through it. Hopefully with both your sanity and wife in tact.

I remember one couple who were finally moving in. As I was installing the phone they were unpacking in the bed room. The guy took two wall sconces out of a box and asked his wife what she wanted to do with them. She said, "lets put them up in here so if the power goes out we can watch TV by candle light."

I don't even think she was a blonde!

John
The Following User Says Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
Rip VW (04-11-2019)