Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rip Van Winkles 1927 TCoupe on 32 style rails!
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 03:31 PM

Last journal entry: This thread is officially Kaput as of 11/07/2017
Wiki Edits: 0

April 23 2019 Update

Well after 9 days on the market and at least a hundred visits We have accepted a offer on our current home. So I guess it is safe to say SOLD<SOLD<SOLD.

It got crazy over the weekend. I had multiple people wanting to make an offer. The offers were between 5 to 25 Grand over my asking price. You might think I took the biggest offer? Nope I took the second offer.

There is a reason I took the second offer. This person really wanted the place, he is a fellow motor head and he put a "Escalation clause in his offer that if anyone else bid higher than him he would match the offer up to 425K + 5 grand in cash.

A second offer came in at list price with some must do's on my part but they had an escalation clause too and their top was 405K.

So with two escalation clauses we have to decide which was better for us. escalate the price or make a deal. We chose the offer that was 5 grand over asking price. That was the guy that was willing to go big money and we told him 5 grand over, and anything the Inspections turns up will be his responsibility.

This was not about the money, This was about fairness! This house is selling for more than I could have imagined. I am not a greedy person and I figured this guy really wanted this house. His offer was over what the asking price is and I am making a good profit and he gets a great house and shop at a fair price. I will have all the money I need to build the new place and pay cash. Then No mortgage...

I know this sounds weird but being honest and fair is just in my nature. I have had people take advantage of my fairness and that was not nice but you pick yourself up and continue. There is also a second motive... That is to build good will with the buyer just in case there are any bumps along the way.

Well off to find temporary quarters, and practice being homeless. I already have a sign to hang on my wheelchair saying Homeless, Need Hot Rod Parts, will not work for a damn thing!!!hahaha.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rip VW For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (04-23-2019), Bob37pont (04-24-2019), cozwurth (04-23-2019), Gearhead Poppa (04-23-2019), idrivejunk (04-23-2019), John long (04-23-2019), timothale (04-24-2019)