sbc 671 blower anyone running holley sniper efi - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2019, 11:34 AM

Last journal entry: 51 chopped shoebox bbc
Wiki Edits: 0

sbc 671 blower anyone running holley sniper efi

looking to go with HOLLEY Super SNIPER EFI 4150 2X4 kit on
sbc with 671 blower old school street rod

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2019, 10:12 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Holley Sniper EFI

I would talk with Holley Tech support.

I just finished a 57 Chevy with the single 4150 unit. Attached pics below.

As with anything, fuel to air flow through all rpm ranges is the concern.

Sniper ECU does a good job of optimizing the AFR, but obviously at the physical/mechanical level, everything has to be properly matched.

The unit I installed included the tank with pump and sender, the Hyperspark Distributor/Coil package, 4150 (550-511), and later the Hyperspark CD Box.

We were still having run-abilty and start issues, so then picked up the USB connector and downloaded the software for the laptop.

The only thing not purchased was the fuel line kit and in hindsight would have been better to have done that. I made a 3/8 hardline supply and used the flex inch line that was from the carb setup as the return. Eventually this return line will need replaced. For all the flex I did, I used Earl's 250 PSI FI 3/8th line. I did not build the car, so don’t know quality of the inch line that they had put in.

Depending on which Sniper setup you get, you most likely will have to update the firmware, so you will need some computer/internet abilities here.

Basically down load the update from Holley, save to the supplied SD Card, and place in the control unit and upload it. The Sniper ECU will finish it out.

In the area of Computer/Internet savvy … I would suggest getting the USB connector and down loading the tuning software to your laptop.

The main issue we had was fixed when we pulled the engine and discovered the original builder “expert” had placed 30 over pistons and rings setup or nitrous, in a 40+ over engine that had not been properly bored. Cylinder three was the worst, which was .047 over, which puts the bores on this SBC 400 @ 4.158 to 4.172, running a 4.155 piston and gaps of about .034 to .037…

The Sniper system can correct a badly running engine when the issue is carburation. Yet, it can’t fix a poorly built or mechanically damaged engine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 Chevy EFI Holley Sniper Roughed in Engine 002A.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	445075   Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 Chevy EFI Holley Sniper Roughed in Engine 001B.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	445077  

Last edited by Foperfoauto; 07-15-2019 at 10:15 AM. Reason: line spacing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in