Selling My '37 Project: What is a good price - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Hotrodders.com Marketplace> What is it Worth
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2020, 09:48 AM

Last journal entry: Moving my Journal
Wiki Edits: 0

Selling My '37 Project: What is a good price

I have been giving very serious thought and I have gotten serious with myself. I believe it's time to sell my project. I was building this to be our family car and as can happen, life changes.

First I want to say I fully understand that a person DOES NOT get money back out of a project like this that they put in. I wasn't building this to ever resell, so I have no idea what is a realistic ball park to ask.

It's a 1937 Chevrolet 4 door with LS swap. The engine/transmission would not be included, but every other piece would be. I have so many parts and pieces I can't list them all here. It has a chassis engineering IFS setup. Ford 8.8 rear end. Custom hand made aluminum 20 gal gas tank. All stainless steel fuel line. New steering column. A steering wheel from a company we paid $600 for, just for the steering wheel. New, complete vintage air unit. Well, everything is all new. Every nut and bolt was removed. The body was very solid. There is only one rust hole at the back of the front fender, on the body. It was a complete car when I bought it and I still have all the pieces. I documented every thing I did at aprilmays37.blogspot.com, and I have a ton more pictures documenting every step.

Can you guys give me your opinion on the approximate (I stress approximate) worth? The only things not included: Engine/Trans/Shifter ball (that was from my father, the lokar shifter itself goes with the car).

This is the car as it sits today. I finally cleaned out my garage this weekend and was able to get some un-obstructed pictures.

I made a custom brake pedal that goes through the original brake arm hole in the floor board because I didn't want to cut a new hole.

Ford 8.8. New disc brakes. Stainless lines. All new brake lines, etc, etc.

Proportioning valve, reverse flow check valves in place, etc etc.

Advertisement

Last edited by Vetteman61; 05-19-2020 at 09:54 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2020, 10:00 AM
Global Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: 1962 Morris Minor 1000
Wiki Edits: 1659

Moving to What is it Worth forum in Market Place
Old 05-19-2020, 03:48 PM

First, gotta ask...do you have title to it?

Old 05-19-2020, 05:58 PM

Hi,

Yes, the vehicle is clear. I'd have to look to remember if we did a Bill of Sale or Title. The vehicle had been in the same family for decades.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:15 PM

OK I'll leap out and give a figure. With title and parts I would say about $8K With bill of sale, maybe $5K. I assigned these numbers because there still is a long way to go for safe, good running finished (?) street rod. This includes fame work, under body preservation and interior. Hope I didn't insult you but most of all sorry to see you leaving street rods (pre '49).
Old 05-19-2020, 08:18 PM

Thanks, I appreciate the response. I had a guess of around 6K, but didn't want to sway opinions by stating it up front, so that helps add some confirmation to my estimates.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in