Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - should Lounge posts count towards post total?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 04:41 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Wiki Edits: 7314

I don't pay much attention to the post count number either. When I'm reading posts, I think I just glance at the avatar, and then attach it to that person's reputation in my head. I always get thrown off for a day or two when someone changes their avatar.

But if I were new around here, I think I might find post counts somewhat useful. My take on this is that if we remove Lounge posts from the count, new and prospective members would find it more useful. And I think that more of the regular members would be able to glance at the post count, to use it as a rough tool.

I think I see what you are saying about member numbers. The numbers got changed when we moved to the new board database structure. They are still sequential though, but there's also the issue of people who register, thus taking up the next member number, and then never post, so it's a "dead" number. So, the "Registered" date under your avatar is the compromise to represent that type of status on the new board system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.