Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - show me your home made tools so I can copy them!
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 6,943 Times in 4,409 Posts
You know, just a few years ago I called him to thank him for the things he taught me. I wouldn't be nearly the bodyman I am today if not for Nick, he is a brilliant mind. I have worked for two of these guys in my life, the other one was the last job I had about eight years ago. What a thinker!

How about this for an idea, and he built everything he thought of, we used it in the shop.

He made a "hook" style puller for the frame rake. You know, one of those "J" shaped tools you would use to pull out a rear body panel? The thing was he added a tube at the front of the J to insert a port-o-power ram! So, you could put this hook around the panel and pump on the port-o-power until its foot was against the outer side of the panel while the end of the J was on the inside!

I'll draw it up and post it, it is hard to explain. But this guy is literally a genious, there is nothing else to call him, he came up with all kinds of stuff.

The problem with him, like most geniouses he thought TOO MUCH. He would make a simple process complicated with his ideas.

Brian