View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 11:01 PM
Grand Prix User

Last journal entry: Last look
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 4,606 Times in 2,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster_G View Post
Sikkens reps came in and set the system up and spent a week there. That's what they were telling us. That the base was made from polyester resins opposed to acrylic resins. This was back about 2002 or so. Very time window recoat sensitive stuff.

It may have been one of those "new and improved" products from Sikkens that didn't stay on the market long.

Hmm. Could be, thats after my time. Just barely. Autobase Plus is whats on my car, with Lesonal clear. Plus came out just after I painted for a living and yeah I was bodymanning so would not have paid much attention. Just whipped me up a purple. Shot my GP in like Feb of '02. Funny though, me acting like they never had it but it might be on my ride.

Who knows? I know we just did a 59 Pontiac black with the waterborne PPG strong black toner. A visit to the Day's Work thread (that was Grandpas favorite chaw) will get you a visual on that, just a couple pages back from current. Its pretty darn black but I am no aficionado of blackest blacks. I drive dirty WA-8555 cars now.