Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sioux Valve and Seat Grinder
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 02:59 PM

Location: in the land of Trolls at least till the san andreas releases the big one
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTech View Post
Yes, I have dial indicators and V blocks to check the straightness. I even have a tool to straighten them if I decide it is worth it.
i ran into various issues in several engine rebuilding shops i worked at..

i ran into issues in the boring and honing room. the sunnen dial bore gauge setting standards had divots in the ends from rubbing against the carbide balls for years and years.. then i found the proto torque wrenches on monday morning at 7 am set to 65 to 110 foot pounds.. i checked against my beam type craftman.. then my new click type craftsman.. they were 10, 15 and 20 pounds off at 65 foot pounds.. i got a wall mounted torque wrench tester.. so they could use that till i could get them 3 new torque wrenches. within 30 minutes they had taken it off the wall and threw it at me.. 30 minutes later i gave up. you cannot teach people with over 20 years working there anything.

another shop had a crack in the floor under and behind the block master.. i had to spend 20 minutes changing shims to get it level every few days.. then it rained during the time i was there.. saw water running down the wall.. across the floor and into the crack.. swelling the soil below the slab..