Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Skip White Heads BBC
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 02:15 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasracer View Post
I believe I said it before and it's a documented vice of a BBC - you simply cannot get enough cylinder head on the engine when going for max power. So any improvement to flow that you make in the cylinder head area is going to be a win. And if you are looking for additional upgrades in the future then the stock heads are now out of the way which would be a hindrance. Besides you can probably shop the stockers locally and get some of the coin back that you spend on the new ones.

Next up would be that intake manifold - not even sure unless you simply want to compare stuff that you should put it back on with the new heads.

I thought about the intake and I'm wondering if the Performer RPM is good enough. It's one of what I call hybrid dual plane, the top of the divider isn't there for what looks like a .5" or more. Plus an open spacer like I'm running right now. Or are all the twists and turns in the runners going to slow things down?
The Q-Jet is making things tough finding a good intake. Possibly a dominator style with an adapter for a Q-jet?