Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - small engine question
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Banned

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by delawarebill
ya i know its dumb... but did u flip the red sw on the side to on ???? i had the same motor on a snowblower and pulled my butt off to start it... never thinking of turning the sw on... duh.

I wish it were that easy! One time I pulled three times with no start on the current engine that is on the cart, it was the switch, ever since then the first thing i do is flip the switch to turn it on, and the last thing i do is flip the switch to turn it off. I got the old engine so dialed in that you so much as look at the cord it starts right up, just ran it last night. And it'll sit there and just lope along. Has one of the lowest idles I've seen on any engine like this. If it wasn't for the fact I just need a little more tq coming out of a turn I'd leave the engine that is there now on it.

Of course doubling the hp with this new one will be nice. Its amazing how such a small amount of engine can still be fun when you strap it to a 50 pound chassis.