Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Small engine question
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Gone sailing

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by S10xGN View Post
Hi All,

I need to make electric start adapters for my mowers so I can use my cordless drill to start them, is there something commercially available? It would just need to be something with a hex drive for the end of the shaft. I have recently had a torn bicep and every time I yank those blasted cords, I can feel it wanting to give again...

Russ
I owned an outdoor power equipment business for 31 years (sold it and retired last year, yippie), so I heard that question a lot. There have been many devices over the years that adapt a drill to your mower engine. most were sued out of business, and with good reason.
As poncho62 said, any fairly modern mower in good condition will start very easily. Toro started the trend ~15 years ago, with it's GTS engine, which stood for Guaranteed To Start in one or two pulls for it's first 5 years. they did, and every other manufacture had to step up to meet the demand. even a cheepy Wal Mart mower will start easily these days, given minimal maintenance, but if you really need an electric start mower, buy a mower with electric start already on it. you don't need to add missing fingers or toes, or broken wrist, to your current injuries.

Russ