Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Starting a 1948 mercury build
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 04:09 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Starting a 1948 mercury build

I picked up a 1948 mercury several months ago and just haven't got anything done on it yet but last week I bought another lift for my other bay so I can keep it on there to work on it and drive my 55 under it for storage. I have a small block and th350 that I am going to install but have to figure out what to do with rear axle still. I went ahead and purchased the the front disc brake kit already for the front. But I just don't know I want to spend the money to do the rear closed driveshaft to open driveshaft yoke. I can buy a used 8.5 10 bolt for that. I am already going to be running gm wheel pattern on front so would like to run the same in the rear. Is there any rear axles that seem to be real popular that fit under the rear nice. I also don't think I am going to buy the rear leaf spring kit I probably will just fab all my own brackets. I also already got a complete wiring kit so I can rewire the whole car. Right know I guess just looking for some budget ideas for rear axle setup.