Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - street avenger issues
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 07:15 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjaffo View Post
It had a terrible stumble when you crack the throttle at most any speed. I mostly fixed this with a bigger pump shooter. However at speed if I just tip into the throttle it immediately starts to misfire unless a fair amount of throttle is given.

You changed to a bigger squirter, but have you tried changing the plastic cam that actuates it? The bigger squirter will give it more volume but shorter duration squirt. Have you watched the squirter when opening the throttle by hand at about the time it has the problem to make sure it is pumping fuel with the slightest movement of the throttle? I think there will be two holes in your cam, you can remove the screw and turn it to the different hole. Also if still not happy with that part, buy a kit of cams and install a more aggressive one. Be sure the adjustment on the accelerator pump is properly adjusted also. You should get a squirt of fuel throughout the throttle opening range, and with a fast opening of the throttle, the squirt should last a little longer than the throttle movement.

I saw a mention of the secondaries opening too slow, yes they pretty much suck with any of the springs they give with it. I have a fix for that but get the primaries working right first.
The Following User Says Thank You to 55 Tony For This Useful Post:
36 sedan (11-26-2018)