Purpose: Document this build so I'll always have it on record
Build/Goals= Build my second 383 that'll be utilized for a street/strip application. Install a new 400 tranny. Install a new rear end. Take this 2nd Gen to the 500ish HP circle (IE, When i'm in town, 99.9% of the townsfolk will still be wondering what happened after the light turned green).
History: 76 Camaro, bought it in 2014. Was pretty much factory at the time of purchase with a very stock 350. Have since gutted the entire factory interior, fabricated an aluminum dash, installed Stewart Warner gauges, put a Grant steering wheel on it, took out the back seats and plated over, removed the factory fuel tank and installed a fuel cell, etc. Other work i've done to it in the past was to put a 73' Muncie in it, but i will be running a different tranny at the conclusion of this build.
First Entry to this Log
Will be using a virgin 350 block i bought five years ago. Dropped block off to Machinest on Thursday (August 22, 2019). Getting it decked to .015, internally balanced, new cam bearings, new freeze plugs, bored .030, align honed (forgot to produce my aftermarket main bolts so will need to go back and drop off to them), checked and/or modified for stroker clearances. Chose not to have it magna fluxed as i built this motor years ago on a test stand and never encountered any leaks. Machinest is based out of Nashville and I've used them before with no problems. ETA on getting block back= 2-4 weeks, provided i can make it back down there to drop off main bolts.