Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sun distributor machine
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 10:13 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
That box IS the Ford ignition module. That plug in plugs into a Ford distributor for testing. Same as it would be on the vehicle itself.
The Red & Green wires went to the post on the side, they were joined; the stater (purple & orange) and ground (black) go to that plug extending on the pigtail. If i read the scematic right the Red is +12v and the green is trigger for the coil, thye should not be joined. It looks to me i should join the Red & White and give them +12v; the green would go to strobelight & ground side of the coil. The Purple & orange to the magnetic + & - pickup and the Black is ground @ the distr - is this right?
Can i both trigger on the Green the stobe light and fire the coil at the same time or will i get 12v thru the coil and damage the internal workings of the Sun, maybe do one or the other but not both?
The Red and Green wires joined and connected at the post is what is giving me pause.