Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Engine (https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/engine/)
-   -   Tbi to Carb swap parts list. (https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/tbi-carb-swap-parts-list-384370.html)

majorpain29 06-23-2015 01:32 PM

Tbi to Carb swap parts list.

Im just looking for someone to check my parts list for my tbi to carb swap on my 1994 chevy k1500 with the 350.

I have a holley 600 cfm classic carb
holley 12-803bp fuel regulator
holley carb tps sensor for the 4l60e
edlebrock 2104 performer for the 88-95 trucks
hei distributor
misc fittings for the carb and fuel regulator.

im not sure if I can keep my throttle cable or if I have to order a new one for the carb.

I have the moates chip burner to tune my 1227747 ecu into a stand alone for the 4l60e

Is there anything super obvious Im missing for this swap?
Im planning on cutting the fuel lines close to the firewall and flaring them to run rubber lines to my regulator. That way if I don't like the carb setup or it doesn't run well enough to be a dd in harsh nh weather, I can convert back easy enough with some adapters to the tbi.

Also anyone who has done this swap, any tips or tricks or is it pretty straight forward from here?

I know this topic has been done a million times for tbi trucks, im just looking for someone to verify my parts list. Thank you in advance.

BogiesAnnex1 06-23-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majorpain29 (Post 3202098)
Im just looking for someone to check my parts list for my tbi to carb swap on my 1994 chevy k1500 with the 350.

I have a holley 600 cfm classic carb
holley 12-803bp fuel regulator
holley carb tps sensor for the 4l60e
edlebrock 2104 performer for the 88-95 trucks
hei distributor
misc fittings for the carb and fuel regulator.

im not sure if I can keep my throttle cable or if I have to order a new one for the carb.

I have the moates chip burner to tune my 1227747 ecu into a stand alone for the 4l60e

Is there anything super obvious Im missing for this swap?
Im planning on cutting the fuel lines close to the firewall and flaring them to run rubber lines to my regulator. That way if I don't like the carb setup or it doesn't run well enough to be a dd in harsh nh weather, I can convert back easy enough with some adapters to the tbi.

Also anyone who has done this swap, any tips or tricks or is it pretty straight forward from here?

I know this topic has been done a million times for tbi trucks, im just looking for someone to verify my parts list. Thank you in advance.

Looks good.

Bogie

majorpain29 06-23-2015 02:41 PM

Awesome. Thanks man

majorpain29 06-23-2015 03:21 PM

Thanks. I do remember something about the fuel pump relay in other threads. I wonder if I can tune that out... I might go with that intake if I can find it for a bit cheaper. Carb intakes for 88+ are pretty sparse as far as I can see unless I buy no name. I'm trying to get through this as cheap as possible so it doesn't over eat into my budget for a carbed 5.3 swap eventually

BogiesAnnex1 06-24-2015 12:43 PM

Since you're keeping the existing computer in the circuit the fuel pump will be fine. The computer is looking for a tach signal which you need for the tranny anyway when it see revs higher than cranking RPM it stops the time out sequence and locks in the pump relay.

Bogie