Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Test drove a Challenger Hemi
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 08:14 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogiesAnnex1 View Post
The day of tin can light weight performance vehicles like the initial Pontiac GTO and later the Chrysler built Super Bee and Road Runner are long gone. Even back in their day in their initial light weight and compact form they like the original Mustang were not around very long the buyers wanted more features and quiet, so up to the first energy crisis cas got bigger, heavier, and more comfort options. I'd say from a market share perspective Chrysler's dabbling in light weight, stripped down performance cars was a financial failure for them as these never sold in any substantial quantity.
Bogie
I liked your post, I really did. You made a lot of really solid points, but I do have a comment about your quote above. You made a solid point, but then negated it.
The Road Runner, actually was a "runaway" success in sales. It appealed to the high school student looking for pure straight line performance for a low relatively low cost.Where this intersects is, I see tons of Challengers out on the road, which says to me that folks still want to have fun when they drive.