Turbine paint sprayers - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior> Paint
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2019, 08:03 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Turbine paint sprayers

The last few cars I painted I use the CX 9 turbine and it worked fairly well. I see a lot of threads where there's problems with fish eyes using the compressor. Curious to know other opinions.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2019, 11:29 AM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Wiki Edits: 3

I tried one and it worked just OK. Not good enough to recommend one for painting cars. Just my opinion and maybe there are some turbines of better quality than the one I tried..

Sam
Old 05-05-2019, 12:28 PM

Hello Sam I bought this outfit 12 years ago it seemed to be okay.It was a Crox CX9 My compressor and system itself wasn't all that great so I figured it turbine would eliminate at least the fish eyes. Some of these turbines and guns can be quite expensive. Mine was middle-of-the-road with a larger tip For my coatings. I was wondering if the body shops were using these in lieu of a compressor for paint.

Old 05-12-2019, 05:07 PM

I have an accuspray turbine with pressure pot, and two guns to use with it. Cost about $1k used for the whole get-up. I don't use anything else anymore. And it works better than anything I've used before.
Well I do use an airbrush from time to time. But for all my paint work I use the Accuspray. For primer, I have a gravity feed 2mm gun that uses air compressor, I also use the develbiss air filtration system for breathable air from the compressor. (Best $ spent)
Old 05-12-2019, 06:07 PM

Thanks. that's good to know. I don't think I'll be doing anymore painting of the entire cars. If I were younger I would invest in an accu spray system That CX 9 I bought worked fairly well and it wasn't that expensive. It would be a good piece of equipment for somebody starting out.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:37 PM

The Croix turbine is also a good unit. The turbine system is not just for all overs, but works very well on panel repair, and spot jobs as well. One of the guns I have, has a quart cup, that is pressurized by bleed air from the head. a 0.9mm fluid tip, and #7 air nozzle, does just fine, with base, and high solids clear as well.

I got the pressure pot unit because that's how it was set up at the pawn shop where I got it. I used the PP to paint airplanes. Lots of surface area to cover, and don't want to re-load in mid pass.

Oh, and the turbine is extremely portable too!
Old 05-12-2019, 06:53 PM

I love the idea that they're so portable. I couldn't imagine me painting an airplane.. Every time I sprayed Centauri I would always wind up with a dull spot where the overspray got it. I tried all different techniques but in the end it was cut and buff. This is too much work for man my age. It's nice to watch all the talent on this forum. I graduated from the Academy of" You didn't have enough time to do it right the 1st time, but you had time to do it over.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in