Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - welding 2 cars together
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 07:49 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

welding 2 cars together

ive been in the process of reuilding a 79 rs camaro but when i first bought the car the rear driver quarter had been into a accident and just the other day i got around to cutting that section out only to find that most of the back is totally rotted out alot more then i was expecting and would require me to replace almost everyting in the last 18" of the car but i was at my local junkyard the other day looking for parts and i ran into a 76 Z-28 shell no frame doors interior just the back half of the body and i know the guy that runs the junk yard so he will sell it to me for $100 now my car is totally stripped and i plan on completly removing the roof off so if i cut both cars in half would i be able to use the back half of the Z-28 and weld it onto the front half of my rs my only concern is that the doors wouldnt fit or that one might be a little wider then the other or some little thing like that right were they would get welded together
also i plan on cutting them right infront of the back of the door there is a seam there anyway so ill have something to keep the cut straight
thanks