Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The "What Did You Work On Today" thread
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 6,695 Times in 4,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matts37chev
that will be a fun car
Funny thing is at this point I have NO love for this car. Yesterday I felt like putting it on Craigslist when I found it wouldn't start. I don't know why, but I have no love what so ever for this car. I think it's like when I had a job in the shop that took forever, oh yeah I had a few of those. Some restoration project that I put to the side to work on the money makers and it took me a couple years to finish (what a IDIOT I was to do that) and when they came to pick it up you would have a mixed feeling.

1. You are SOOOOOO happy to get rid of it you don't care about the money and emotion is so high at a climax you would let them take it for free at that point because you are sooooo pumped to see it go.

2. At the very same time you are SOOOOO overwhelmed by the magnitude of the job if they gave you a million dollars it still wouldn't be enough!

It's kinda like that, first off it's a convertible so there is WAY more work to do and still feel overwhelmed being my time in the garage is pretty precious. A mid sixties GM convertible has about as much work in the top, windows and rubbers as entire rest of the project, or more. No kidding, stripping the body complete paint is NOTHING next to the work in the top and windows. And I still need to restore that friggin top assy. Installing the top, the GM shop manual devotes about a hundred pages! NO KIDDING it the majority of the manual hands down! I am NOT looking forward to it.

I am SOOOO ready to get on my truck and CREATE something. I want this project over with. I know, I know, after I drive it a little I will feel different. I remember reading an article in a rod magazine back in the seventies that so described how the first test drive all the busted knuckles and late nights are forgotten. I am hoping I feel that way.

Brian