The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 1624 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2018, 04:11 AM
Slow but willing learner

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 8,056 Times in 4,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
With coming home late, going out and voting with the wire and taking my evening walk, didn't get much done but got my "five minutes" in. Went to the hardware store and got flat stock to make the nuts on the back of my hinges, cut it into four pieces ready to go. I also got some Ospho on the inside of the metal pieces I will be installing on the back of the cab.

I have to tell you guys again, I never heard of anything like this until just a year or two ago. "Oil" reduces friction but this "cutting fluid" helps with tapping, or cutting, or drilling, it's friggin amazing stuff!

I was cutting this 1/4" thick flat stock with my air saw and it was taking a bit, I put a drip of "Tap Magic" on it and wham it started cutting much faster, amazing!

Brian
It sure will save a drill bit. I need to try it with my saw.....

John

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2018, 06:40 AM
Grand Prix User

Last journal entry: Last look

Thanked 5,381 Times in 3,169 Posts
Hey John, I wonder if you have any advice for a situation. I need a part time coworker to stop talking to me, for good. Being blunt has had no effect. Suggest termination? Quit?
Old 06-06-2018, 07:33 AM
Grand Prix User

I think I'll try putting up a curtain or wall of some sort to block his view. Out of sight, out of mind approach. Probably will just cause more disruption. I ain't much of a gentleman but I need a gentle solution. That sticks. So I ask my dignified but always realistic friend.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:58 AM
Collector of "someday" cars

Last journal entry: continued

Thanked 5,002 Times in 2,753 Posts
Can you approach your friend, the owner, and have a conversation with him about how disruptive he is ? Maybe the owner can have a gentle conversation with the co-worker about talking less and not disrupting you. Maybe the other guy would actually get more done himself, as a bonus ...

I'm not a good "people" person myself and understand it's usually better to let a more diplomatic person handle a situation in a calm manner. I tend to just tell someone how much I can't stand all their blather and would they "please" shut the f up !!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (06-06-2018), idrivejunk (06-06-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 08:14 AM

Last journal entry: Vinyl top carnage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
Spent most of my day adding more security lights and cameras,i had them just front and back but installing them all the way around the house and converting to LED,,the coyotes have got so bad around here I carry my Glock 40,,16 shots per mag every time I go outside to take my beagle for a walk. dont trust my pocket 380 6 shot.
they know every time she goes out side and sit at the edge of woodline about 80 yards and yelp the biggest part of the time we are out,,
I was outside by myself Friday washing my pontoon and one slipped up on me within 15 ft,and my pistol way laying on the golf cart,,That wont happen again.
Sounds like we need to organize a 'yote hunt...

▄︻̷┻̿═━一

I have them here, too, but they are nowhere near as bold as what you describe. I hear them occasionally, and have a few pics from my trailcam.

Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to cozwurth For This Useful Post:
496CHEVY3100 (06-07-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 09:46 AM
Slow but willing learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
Hey John, I wonder if you have any advice for a situation. I need a part time coworker to stop talking to me, for good. Being blunt has had no effect. Suggest termination? Quit?
LOL, Not sure I am the guy to give you advice on this one. I am usually the guy that doesn't know when to shut up!

Work place harmony is so important. Having to work with someone with hurt feelings is usually worse than it was to start with. No easy answer here but don't let your frustration cause you to leave a job working for a man you respect who, more importantly, obviously also respects you.

Good luck.

John
The Following User Says Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
idrivejunk (06-06-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 09:53 AM

Last journal entry: 53 ad3100

Thanked 2,693 Times in 1,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Love my Glock, what a great gun.

Brian

Mine is a Glock 22--40 cal,,the only thing i dont like is how the safey works prefer a push button or slide,

my keltech 30 has a saftey on both side where a right or left handed person can operate it,
Old 06-06-2018, 10:00 AM

Last journal entry: 53 ad3100

Thanked 2,693 Times in 1,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozwurth View Post

▄︻̷┻̿═━一

I have them here, too, but they are nowhere near as bold as what you describe. I hear them occasionally, and have a few pics from my trailcam.

Dave
STATE GAME AND FISH released 500 about 8 years ago to help control deer population that was destroying crops and gardens,now the coyote population has gotten out if control,,so the game commission is offering $500 Bounty for the black ones and freehunting and fishing license for a kill of 5 or more ,drawing once a month,

the pups are about 5 or 6 weeks old so they are more aggressive trying to find food for the young.
The Following User Says Thank You to 496CHEVY3100 For This Useful Post:
idrivejunk (06-06-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Grand Prix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
Can you approach your friend, the owner, and have a conversation with him about how disruptive he is ? Maybe the owner can have a gentle conversation with the co-worker about talking less and not disrupting you. Maybe the other guy would actually get more done himself, as a bonus ...

I'm not a good "people" person myself and understand it's usually better to let a more diplomatic person handle a situation in a calm manner. I tend to just tell someone how much I can't stand all their blather and would they "please" shut the f up !!!!!
That gets laughed off. The boss will send a man home for the day at the drop of a hat if he don't like whats going on. Whatever it might be. I made appropriate remarks to him. Loud dude showed up just now so I grabbed my sandwich, sat it on break table, went to wash hands and came to find his elbow parked right next to my food. Dammit. Its like be8ng tailgated but if you pull over they do to. I feel like Dennis Weaver in Duel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozwurth View Post

▄︻̷┻̿═━一

Dave
Plinking nuisance coyotes with the M14 for a couple days sounds like fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
LOL, Not sure I am the guy to give you advice on this one. I am usually the guy that doesn't know when to shut up!

Work place harmony is so important. Having to work with someone with hurt feelings is usually worse than it was to start with. No easy answer here but don't let your frustration cause you to leave a job working for a man you respect who, more importantly, obviously also respects you.

Good luck.

John
I can count on you to be real, thanks. I am the same way but when I yack its as a break not a default behavior to maintain throughout the day. I guess I remember being excitable. I try not to bug Gary about people stuff.

Seems like somebody here ordered meats a few days ago... here they are, just in time for lunch. 335 wide in back and much work to do.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
Gearhead Poppa (06-06-2018), Too Many Projects (06-06-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 01:22 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Wiki Edits: 3

Just for John

here is the pic of the powered bead roller. I was a HF roller which was reinforced and then the power added using a drill motor and a flex plate and starter gear which I got out of the scrap pile. Works just fine but not pretty..

Sam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	power bead roller.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	429737  
123pugsy (06-06-2018), idrivejunk (06-06-2018), Rip VW (06-06-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 03:56 PM
Slow but willing learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
here is the pic of the powered bead roller. I was a HF roller which was reinforced and then the power added using a drill motor and a flex plate and starter gear which I got out of the scrap pile. Works just fine but not pretty..

Sam
That is so simple it is super cool. I suspect it would be easy to remove the switch from the drill and add speed control down the road.

If I had not already done mine with the garage door opener, I would be copying you......Good stuff!

John
Old 06-06-2018, 05:32 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
That is so simple it is super cool. I suspect it would be easy to remove the switch from the drill and add speed control down the road.

If I had not already done mine with the garage door opener, I would be copying you......Good stuff!

John
The drill motor I used is variable speed and reversible. One it is adjusted to the speed I like I just leave it and fwd or reverse as needed.. I can easily remove the drill motor and use it for a drill if I need to..

Sam
Old 06-06-2018, 05:57 PM
Purists Hate Me

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: SEAM SEALER
Wiki Edits: 29

Thanked 3,755 Times in 2,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post

Sam

Right on.
I've seen this posted somewhere before. Hows the torque on the cheap drill?
Old 06-06-2018, 06:01 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
Right on.
I've seen this posted somewhere before. Hows the torque on the cheap drill?
That particular drill motor is a gear reduction 1/2 inch drill motor. that thing will bust your arm if the bit gets stuck while drilling. plenty of torque for a bead roller even when adjusted to dead slow..

Sam
123pugsy (06-06-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 06:44 PM
Purists Hate Me

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: SEAM SEALER
Wiki Edits: 29

Thanked 3,755 Times in 2,152 Posts
Got the replacement fan clutch installed....am I stoopid or something?.....
I feel something is wrong....

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in