The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 1648 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2018, 01:21 PM
Collector of "someday" cars

Last journal entry: continued
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 4,843 Times in 2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
Crazy...................

I guess it could be about the same up here. Don't know how my kids will afford something. Maybe I gotta divide my house into two separate units before I croak so each can have one....
We only have 1 son, so no division..
We would fit the "poverty" level in San Fran for sure, but we live very comfortably where we are. We're actually looking to move about 7-8 miles south of here, to get away from a small airport that they want to expand, a train track and the freeway.
I've been looking at a 5 bed, 3 bath, 3500 sq ft home on 12 acres for $685k. Not that we can afford that. I was at the surveyors office today, to see if there is a way to split the property and sell off 5 acres and use that to bring our price down to close to what we can sell our current home for. There is a drainage easement near the back of the property that probably eliminates that possibility..

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (06-26-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
If you can get them to work you can have a seti will send them to you.

Surprised you didnt catch the 66 Chevelle instrument panel,
David, I tried to send a PM, but I got a message that your box is full and can't receive anymore until you delete some.
I got the pedals yesterday, thank you. Just need to know how to pay you.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:44 PM
Slow but willing learner

Thanked 7,982 Times in 4,102 Posts
Finished the fuel line, and brake line accross the rear end. I made the brake line from the rear axle forward but have not clamped it yet.

Will update my thread once I get the frame drilled and line clamped.

I broke the pin off on my 3/16 double flare die. Eastwood sells the Lysle brand individual dies. 2.99 for die and 7.99 shipping. Came today.

John

Last edited by John long; 06-26-2018 at 08:13 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (06-27-2018), idrivejunk (06-26-2018)

Old 06-26-2018, 08:42 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Thanked 6,814 Times in 4,355 Posts
I got out there and cleaned up behind the garage so I can put the cab out there to sand blast on it. Tired of covering my lawn with sand. I also got my extra roof in the trailer to haul it to the shop scrap metal bin. I cut a few pieces from the roof and from the inside of the extra inner panel to see if I could use it on the lower corners on the inside of the cab, but nope, forget it, they are off to the scrap metal bin.

Brian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (06-27-2018), John long (06-26-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 08:46 PM
Grand Prix User

Last journal entry: Last look

Thanked 5,062 Times in 2,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
Crazy...................

I guess it could be about the same up here. Don't know how my kids will afford something. Maybe I gotta divide my house into two separate units before I croak so each can have one....
Sho nuf crazy! Its like me back at a dealer body shop trying to understand why the same one hour radiator replacement cost $60 in my body stall but cost $120 if my friend in the service department did it. Do huh?

You guys probably cannot comprehend my home scenario... Its worth maybe half again what I paid, but I have already paid for it twice and have once more to go. I represent the end of the line for my family name. My folks already moved to their final house, one that will be easy for my bro and I to sell, so they say. I have no idea what happens to my junk when I croak. Never wed, no kids. I'll try to not have anything then, just like when I got here.

This afternoon I hung that other headlight, the rear bumper and valance, etc. Mrs Owner stopped in to ask if Mr had been grouchy. Quite the contrary, he has been most enthusiastic and done well to mask any doubts. She dug the ride but didn't get to see any gaps because everything was open. I gotta adjust front bumper and install one brace, then install the fancy hood hinges and aside from this or that like fixing loosy cheapo grille and drip rail trim, thats about it. First I gotta hang the bumper back on that fender bender from earlier in the week. Next week will be wierd with a holiday smack dab in the middle.

No pics because gee, you think I'll show the "finished" Chevelle? Pfft. And you-un's know what they look like. Sure I took some. The owner wants just yellow inside the park / turn lamps, and wants to do door fuzzies and trim panels at home. The headliner is in except for earmuff panels for whatever reason. Have a pleasant evening and an outstanding tomorrow, gents.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (06-27-2018), John long (06-26-2018), whinny (06-27-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I got out there and cleaned up behind the garage so I can put the cab out there to sand blast on it. Tired of covering my lawn with sand. I also got my extra roof in the trailer to haul it to the shop scrap metal bin. I cut a few pieces from the roof and from the inside of the extra inner panel to see if I could use it on the lower corners on the inside of the cab, but nope, forget it, they are off to the scrap metal bin.

Brian
Go to harbor fright and get a big tarp, mine is about 12x20, and catch the sand. I sweep it up and screen it back in to run it thru over and over.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:22 PM
Grand Prix User

Mr Sandman reminds me... Today I listened to the Bill Haley station on Pandora and that was refreshing. Man, I heard some good ones and got some funny looks. Why do I know lyrics to so many popular 50s rock songs? Was the jukebox at Arnold's that influential? On Happy Days. I think tomorrow I'll go for Glen Miller and see what variety I get. Dad's garage radio put me onto big bands when I was fixing up my ex Ventura so it takes me back I reckon. Its not bad at work being off in a clean corner listening to what I like.

Had some flash flooding on the evening commute today. Heard the serp belt chirp a few times. That recent compessor hub bearing replacement nightmare convinced me to slow way the hell down for standing water. GTP is at the mercy of hydroplaning situations withput directional rain tires. I need to start looking for some good nondirectional rain tread. Asked the Japan fans at work what the good brands of asian sounding named tires are. Had seen some Yokohamas on CL. They said Toyo or Nitto. I guess less letters is better? Tires are a freakin crap shoot.

Ack! Bed...
Old 06-26-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I don't know if I have mentioned a neighbor of mine who was pretty odd, an "odd bird" if you get my drift. She got a house for next to nothing about 20 years ago. She got it when the owner who was a friend screwed up and it was in "pre-foreclosure." This woman just did the same! HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO THAT? It was worth about 15 times what she paid for it! Well, she was pressured to sell it being she couldn't catch up with the payments. It was a CRAP HOLE we are talking CRAP HOLE needing a complete rebuild. Whole yard, front and back FULL of three foot high weeds, overgrown HORRIBLE trees to be removed, five sheds full of CRAP, house full of crap, it is only 794 square feet, a tiny 2 bedroom 1 bath with a one car garage FULL of crap......it sold for $774 Three quarters of a million dollars!

Wow, this is crazy!

Brian
That's an amazing story! How different it can be within the same country. Things like this occur in Jersey and Long Island as well, and still it's borderline unfathomable to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to 64nailhead For This Useful Post:
MARTINSR (06-26-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
Go to harbor fright and get a big tarp, mine is about 12x20, and catch the sand. I sweep it up and screen it back in to run it thru over and over.

I have a few of those tarps and never thought about it, I need to do that, thanks for the remind.

Brian
Old 06-26-2018, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64nailhead View Post
That's an amazing story! How different it can be within the same country. Things like this occur in Jersey and Long Island as well, and still it's borderline unfathomable to me.
It is just crazy! On a drive last night around town we went up into the more affluent area, we saw five or so houses being rebuilt from the foundation up! They are selling crap holes for a million and people are buying them and completely rebuilding them! A few months ago I saw a house about the same as mine (small two bed one bath) up in that area go for a million and a quarter$

Brian
Old 06-27-2018, 03:33 AM
Slow but willing learner

Quote:
It is just crazy! On a drive last night around town we went up into the more affluent area, we saw five or so houses being rebuilt from the foundation up! They are selling crap holes for a million and people are buying them and completely rebuilding them! A few months ago I saw a house about the same as mine (small two bed one bath) up in that area go for a million and a quarter$

Brian
Don't be envious. They are to busy making money to build a neat truck. You are the happy one!

When I was a young telephone man and was going in peoples homes 6 or 7 times a day, it did not take long to see that money was a very poor creator of happiness.

John
The Following User Says Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
MARTINSR (06-27-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Don't be envious. They are to busy making money to build a neat truck. You are the happy one!

When I was a young telephone man and was going in peoples homes 6 or 7 times a day, it did not take long to see that money was a very poor creator of happiness.

John
Thanks John.

Brian
Old 06-27-2018, 09:31 AM
Slow but willing learner

Quote:
Thanks John.

Brian
LOL, Normally that would be a lead in to my sermon!

Well, at least my testimony................

John
Old 06-27-2018, 11:07 AM

Last journal entry: 53 ad3100

Thanked 2,683 Times in 1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
David, I tried to send a PM, but I got a message that your box is full and can't receive anymore until you delete some.
I got the pedals yesterday, thank you. Just need to know how to pay you.

I cleared them,,,Happy birthday,,Merry Christmas or something like that,,lol N/C

hope they work for you,
i had a little surgery on both eyes ,so my box filled up i vould not see to clear messages, .
Old 06-27-2018, 11:30 AM
Grand Prix User

Mitch does deserve some free stuff.

Glass man came and went already, Chevelle has windows and moldings all around now. I have my Silverado bumper fender job down to grille and bumper adjustment left. The fender save turned out well. I miss Kitty.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
496CHEVY3100 (06-27-2018), Too Many Projects (06-27-2018)

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in