The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 1968 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2019, 06:53 PM
Collector of "someday" cars

Last journal entry: continued
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 5,323 Times in 2,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Soooooo, I sold the bed. One little problem, I told a guy who had called me from Australia that he could have it. He had some company to pick it up from my house and he would pay me on paypal. So I sent him a text telling him to deposit the money in my paypal leaving him the name of it. It was 2 in the morning there so it's understandable he wouldn't be responding. Well many hours later when he would be up I got another call from someone who had called be before the Australian guy and said he did want it and would pay me right now. I called the Australian guy and the call wouldn't go through. I decided that was a red flag and to hell with it and sold it to the other guy. I texted him telling him it was sold and I got some SERIOUSLY upset texts back. He made up some story how he already paid some guy to come get it and pay me cash. I told him I was sorry and that I tried to call. I honestly feel bad, I made a mistake not looking into how to call someone in Australia but it was just that, a mistake. he is TICKED big time, saying some crap a little out of line.

I apologized over and over, but he is TICKED.

Brian
Tomorrow is a new day, he'll get over it and you should too. Life goes on.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (06-17-2019), idrivejunk (06-16-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2019, 07:41 PM
Slow but willing learner

Thanked 8,512 Times in 4,275 Posts
Now I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings but here is proof I have really good friends in high places.

John

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
idrivejunk (06-16-2019), MARTINSR (06-16-2019), Rip VW (06-20-2019)
Old 06-16-2019, 08:21 PM
Grand Prix User

Last journal entry: Last look

Thanked 6,177 Times in 3,576 Posts
page 1968

There was some blatant tomfoolery by me this evening, involving electrical tape. To see if I like GTO type things on the J-

Went for a spin in the loud one a bit ago and a Challenger came up behind at a stop sign. Grape barked second at it. They turned the same way. Absolutely did not tailgate, nice. Anyhow got to my turnaround spot and they stopped in the road. Blind curves both ways there, and a li'l bridge.

Man riding says its gorgeous, lady driving says its cool because its unusual... Hey, is that... it was, either a Hellcat ir Demon. Looked demonic though, but them emblems are wierd. Dang. "Thanks! Thank you. Nice ride." I reply, and we're off on our ways. Purple car be squattin in high cotton these days, dadgum. A bit much. Public reactions are getting more radical by the year so

John, Mitch, let me ask you this: Whats it set a feller back to get ahold of a quart of black epoxy with the fixins? And how long before it fades where I park, facing north? Way I see it I can ugly the thing up fixing spots and go from there. Might as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	malibu.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	444341   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190616_202235.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	444343  

Old 06-16-2019, 08:34 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Thanked 7,100 Times in 4,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Now I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings but here is proof I have really good friends in high places.

John

LOLOLOLOLOL

Brian
Old 06-16-2019, 08:36 PM
Grand Prix User

Quote:
Soooooo, I sold the bed. One little problem, I told a guy who had called me from Australia that he could have it. He had some company to pick it up from my house and he would pay me on paypal. So I sent him a text telling him to deposit the money in my paypal leaving him the name of it. It was 2 in the morning there so it's understandable he wouldn't be responding. Well many hours later when he would be up I got another call from someone who had called be before the Australian guy and said he did want it and would pay me right now. I called the Australian guy and the call wouldn't go through. I decided that was a red flag and to hell with it and sold it to the other guy. I texted him telling him it was sold and I got some SERIOUSLY upset texts back. He made up some story how he already paid some guy to come get it and pay me cash. I told him I was sorry and that I tried to call. I honestly feel bad, I made a mistake not looking into how to call someone in Australia but it was just that, a mistake. he is TICKED big time, saying some crap a little out of line.

I apologized over and over, but he is TICKED.

Brian
Ouch. If you were to ask if theres anything you can do, that might help him realize nothing can be done. You could ask if he can show you where he is out money for setting up pickup and shipping or inquire if the local party was out any trouble and offer to split that or something... a token of concern depending on how you feel about it, and how concerned you are with flaming seller feedback or whatever. Above all, set it right in your mind so its cleared of that. I know crap has to be getting pretty thick for you right about now. Don't be mean to the apprentices this week. Unless they need it.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
Tomorrow is a new day, he'll get over it and you should too. Life goes on.
I hear you, I just wish I hadn't gave that POS the info about me. He WENT OFF on me big time.

Brian
Old 06-16-2019, 08:37 PM

I would say this is the best fathers day I have had in a long time. I got to save my son's life by helping him install a roll bar in his car.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0056.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	444345  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (06-17-2019), boothboy (06-17-2019), idrivejunk (06-16-2019), John long (06-17-2019), Rip VW (06-20-2019)
Old 06-16-2019, 08:41 PM
Grand Prix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post

John

Toss a couple of those out your window and sprinkle some of that on them, then see what you have growing in the morning.
The Following User Says Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
John long (06-16-2019)
Old 06-16-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
[

There was some blatant tomfoolery by me this evening, involving electrical tape. To see if I like GTO type things on the J-

John, Mitch, let me ask you this: Whats it set a feller back to get ahold of a quart of black epoxy with the fixins? And how long before it fades where I park, facing north? Way I see it I can ugly the thing up fixing spots and go from there. Might as well.
I like the tail lights..

I bought a quart of black epoxy and activator a few weeks back and it was about $88, shipped. I don't think they have it in half pint, but that is about all you would need, as it mixes 1 to 1.
If you want a half pint, I can probably fix you up with it. I don't need the whole quart I have either.
Can't vouch for fade, but Barry has a fender, or something, on his roof he painted years ago as a weather test and he claims it still looks good. That may be the grey color though ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
idrivejunk (06-16-2019)
Old 06-16-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I would say this is the best fathers day I have had in a long time. I got to save my son's life by helping him install a roll bar in his car.

Brian
Is that pic from last year, or does he have another Miata ?
Old 06-16-2019, 09:07 PM
Slow but willing learner

Thanked 8,512 Times in 4,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post

Went for a spin in the loud one a bit ago and a Challenger came up behind at a stop sign. ...........

Matt, The epoxy is $96 a gallon and the same for hardner with free shipping. It does come in quarts but for some reason I can not get into the web sight for pricing. You might see if you can.

It does have UV protection but I honestly don't know how long it would hold up in high sun conditions. I would be more concerned about it loosing it's color than it breaking down. I would think a few years but would hate to have to stand behind that. I do know a lot of guys are using it for flat black paint on their cars because it is the only epoxy I know of with UV protection.

John
The Following User Says Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
idrivejunk (06-16-2019)
Old 06-16-2019, 09:17 PM
Grand Prix User

Thanks, gents. Best for me to start with a quart and finish with a fresh gallon later. I believe I might can swing that.

I gotta do something with the tail light sockets, tired of the intermittent crap and my lenses are shot. Nobody say LEDs please, lol.
John long (06-16-2019)
Old 06-16-2019, 09:33 PM

I LOVE the LED's, I have them in my '66 Chevelle, '67 Camaro and the '62 Impala. SOOOO much brighter for safety and I have 10 patterns to choose from for the brake lights
Old 06-16-2019, 09:53 PM
Grand Prix User

Probably said this before, but...

Quote:
I like the tail lights..

I bought a quart of black epoxy and activator a few weeks back and it was about $88, shipped. I don't think they have it in half pint, but that is about all you would need, as it mixes 1 to 1.
If you want a half pint, I can probably fix you up with it. I don't need the whole quart I have either.
Can't vouch for fade, but Barry has a fender, or something, on his roof he painted years ago as a weather test and he claims it still looks good. That may be the grey color though ?

Remembered I forgetted my own advice... been awhile since I hobbied. Collect pile of leftover mixed, reduced or un, basecoat that your painter at work hasn't thrown away yet. Tell boss I'll get rid of all this for you but can I dump maybe a half pint of strong black in a gallon can? Then oh while I'm doing this... Care if I get an ounce or two of clear hardener? Or am I fired? Are you even looking? Hey thanks!Yeah, I have thinner, lol.

I only had the Monte a year but it was too many colors and had bondo board hood hail syndrome. So I did that. I call the color "Gunwasher" and it beads water as you see if you study hard. That car was a mismatched handful but I ripped the snorts legally in it. Thats a story for page 1983, lol. But look at the junk basecoat. Boss actually has boxes of HOK stuff from a buyout thats old but real cheap. My next question is for a Sikkens jobber about how much liters of my Grape color are now. I made sure it was second lowest on the price scale. Enough dream / rambling. Pics, bed.

That was around 2005. Guy in the Grand Prix stalled at the line and still beat me! 1,000 ft burnout, 15.3. Mean 406 but V6 fuel line, and salt flats only pegleg.
John long (06-17-2019)
Old 06-16-2019, 09:57 PM
Grand Prix User

Quote:
I LOVE the LED's, I have them in my '66 Chevelle, '67 Camaro and the '62 Impala. SOOOO much brighter for safety and I have 10 patterns to choose from for the brake lights
You said it!

NOT led STRIPS. Hardcore incandescent fan here. Switch to 3157.

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

« Come On Man! | - »