Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders' Lounge (https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-lounge/)
-   -   The "What Did You Work On Today" thread (https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/what-did-you-work-today-thread-210870.html)

CometCyclone 12-27-2011 10:26 PM

This probably doesnt count, but you asked, so here goes:

I discovered that Chili peppers(and all pepper plants) are perennials, so after the growing season was done, I planted 6 peppers(3 bell, 2 Poblano, 1 Jalapeno) into pots and brought them into my greenhouse. Next spring I'll bring them back outdoors and they will continue getting bigger, and maybe grow into small trees at some point, as I saw one earlier this year that was 7 feet tall, and 4.5 feet in diameter!

But yesterday, out of the blue, I notice all these thousands of little bugs eating on the leaves! They are aphids, so I took them outside and sprayed them with Spectracide Triazicide, but today, many were still alive. Also, I used to have a pesticide applicators license when I worked 7 years in lawn, tree and ornamental pesticide application. Most of the products we used then are now banned for use on lawns and at homes, but the new insecticides which are supposed to be safer, seem even nastier to me!

So I resprayed with my own home remedy made, ironically, with hot peppers!

matts37chev 12-29-2011 02:25 PM

had a flat tire on my 97 f250 p-up :mad: (it just kinda sits around most of the time)
so i took that off and dropped it off at the tire shop yesterday
gotta put it back on today

sportcoupe 12-29-2011 02:44 PM

today's work

I can only work on my car at night and weekends as during the day i work for a company installing fiber optic networks for internet service. there's never enough weekends.

matts37chev 12-29-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportcoupe
I can only work on my car at night and weekends as during the day i work for a company installing fiber optic networks for internet service. there's never enough weekends.

so what you meant to say was, worked on some fiber optics, while thinking of working on my car, today :P :thumbup: :P

matts37chev 12-29-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matts37chev
had a flat tire on my 97 f250 p-up :mad: (it just kinda sits around most of the time)
so i took that off and dropped it off at the tire shop yesterday
gotta put it back on today

also did some more garage cleaning :thumbup:

streetbruiser 12-29-2011 10:46 PM

another quadrajunk

stefanP 12-30-2011 06:23 AM

Garage cleaning

More garage cleaning and reorganization :pain: Plus I get to boss my brother around :D .Today more of the same plus replace the muffler on my 93 GMC MiniVan. :sweat:

sportcoupe 12-30-2011 07:18 AM

weekend work

just ordered 4x8 sheet aluminum for panels around my rumble seat area.

cullencombs 12-30-2011 08:22 AM

Worked on cleaning all the garbage left over from christmas that my wife decided should cover my garage floor until trash pickup time.

matts37chev 12-30-2011 09:11 PM

I have done so much garage cleaning the last week, I had to go to the dump today :thumbup:
also put new ends on a couple of extension cords :rolleyes:

zbhover 12-31-2011 08:50 AM

I spent the week working during our plant shutdown between Christmas and New Years so I'll have some extra money to work on the V8 Beetle over the next couple of weekends......

I'm 2nd in charge of our Maintenance Dept. at an aluminum foundry and I got a team of our guys together and we spent the week trying to work towards getting caught up.

I did a 1000hr inspection and service on a heat treat line, replaced the electric (& slightly modified) trailer brakes on a 36" band saw, put new guide rods and guide rod bushings on 3 horizontal core machines, and caught up on the always fun paper work....

Today I have some plaster repair to do at work, then I need to get the governor adjusted on my generator, then hopefully I'll have some time to start eye-balling the floor on our V8 Beetle......

Zachb-

V8 Beetle Website:
v8beetleresource.com

Hovercraft Website:
zbcreations.com

matts37chev 12-31-2011 10:35 PM

installed a new kitchen faucet :rolleyes:

stefanP 01-01-2012 06:19 AM

Well saturday,I sold a camaro 10bolt rear end from craiglist add.More painting in the garage also.Then celebrated a little new years.
stefanP

MARTINSR 01-01-2012 09:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished up my tail light retrofit on my Rambler. I finished cutting up and fitting reflectors from a pair of Subaru tail lamps and I am VERY happy with the outcome.

"Basics of Basics" on the project to come shortly. :D

Brian

bentwings 01-01-2012 10:21 PM

I made an aluminum seal plate and gasket to seal up where my fuel tank line goes thru the floor in the trunk.

I also sat down and mapped out a plan for attaching the new door panel and custom molded arm rests. I decided to cover the aluminum panels with padded vinyl in a 2 tone setting. Now I just need to make the parts and do it. Hopefully next week I'll get started on it.