The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 2014 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #30196 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2019, 09:27 AM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User
 

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NW AR
Age: 53
Posts: 3,785
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,157
Thanked 4,797 Times in 2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55 Tony View Post
That's what they do look like, or is that what you meant? What did they come with, 14's or 15's?
Let it go. There is no reason you need to ask me this unless you are trying to make me angry. Leave me alone about wheel size please, I have had a belly full of that crap. My 66 had 14s but was not a GTO.

What I wish is that you imagine them the size you want them to be. Does that answer your questions?

    Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #30197 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2019, 09:58 AM
55 Tony's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cocke County, TN
Posts: 996
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 130
Thanked 167 Times in 148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
Let it go. There is no reason you need to ask me this unless you are trying to make me angry. Leave me alone about wheel size please, I have had a belly full of that crap. My 66 had 14s but was not a GTO.

What I wish is that you imagine them the size you want them to be. Does that answer your questions?

Sorry, didn't mean to offend, just share my opinion. (and I really had no clue that you liked big wheels)


Yes, that does answer my questions. I would personally like it if it has factory size wheels but to each is own. If you saw my 55 you would probably agree that I also drive junk. I just took a pic of the front for you. Towards the rear is how the rest of it looks. I have what are probably the cheapest Cragers made on it, but I like them and you are allowed to make fun of them. They couldn't be very popular because they discontinued them about 2 years ago. Some people put wheels like mine on their trailers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cheap Wheels 001.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	446805  
__________________
Young enough to learn ... too old to remember.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to 55 Tony For This Useful Post:
idrivejunk (08-18-2019)
  #30198 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2019, 09:58 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: PG county MD
Posts: 31
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 22
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
hot in the garage

Man sometimes it gets so hot in the garage a fan will not help. I had a old portable AC/heat 12000 btu about 7 year old. Garage is 25x25 8 feet ceiling with a 2nd lever. So I give it a try even though this unit is a little small for the room size. Temp in the garage 96 AC on took about 1.5 hours temp 78 base on the ready on the AC unit. Bot fills like about 75. So me happy Water is draining a cat litter bucket 4 gal will drill a hole through wall later for on.



No money spent I had all the parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190816_151706.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	446795   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190816_151719.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	446797   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190816_152515.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	446799   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190816_151604.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	446801   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190816_153601.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	446803  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #30199 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2019, 10:09 AM
123pugsy's Avatar
Purists Hate Me
 
Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: SEAM SEALER
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Markham,ON
Age: 57
Posts: 3,957
Wiki Edits: 29

Thanks: 7,716
Thanked 3,357 Times in 1,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
'

Actually it is a 56,,

This is NOT the 57 described above,,but belongs to another friend ,the one that helped me with the floors in my 55.

This was his first attempt at doing an interior,,part is leather and part is simulated leather so it wont crack with use,,,i though he did a great job,,,

That looks great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30200 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2019, 11:43 AM
123pugsy's Avatar
Purists Hate Me
 
Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: SEAM SEALER
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Markham,ON
Age: 57
Posts: 3,957
Wiki Edits: 29

Thanks: 7,716
Thanked 3,357 Times in 1,971 Posts
Started working on the hot (street) rod.
She's had a name change. DELIRIOUS will be her new handle.


I updated my build thread: https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/194...ml#post4690173
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 123pugsy For This Useful Post:
496CHEVY3100 (08-18-2019), idrivejunk (08-18-2019)
  #30201 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2019, 01:00 PM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User
 

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NW AR
Age: 53
Posts: 3,785
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,157
Thanked 4,797 Times in 2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55 Tony View Post
Sorry, didn't mean to offend, just share my opinion. (and I really had no clue that you liked big wheels)


Yes, that does answer my questions. I would personally like it if it has factory size wheels but to each is own. If you saw my 55 you would probably agree that I also drive junk. I just took a pic of the front for you. Towards the rear is how the rest of it looks. I have what are probably the cheapest Cragers made on it, but I like them and you are allowed to make fun of them. They couldn't be very popular because they discontinued them about 2 years ago. Some people put wheels like mine on their trailers.
Head in hands. Why do you think I like big wheels? That is putting words in my mouth! Why are you apologizing? What motivation was behind your comments? My car has cheapo discontinued Cragar15s. And bondo and rust chunks falling off. Your car is fine!

I was only trying to show what a factory purple GTO looks like, but here I sit feeling like a treed animal surrounded by ferocious dogs because the dogs think I like a car with big wheels. I said 17" because past experience has led me to believe rodders tolerate 17s. I just want the exclamations over wheel size in reactions to my posts to stop. I do not ever control wheel size selection on anything. I can't make paint cheaper, I can't stop hunger, I can't build a pyramid. I can't control wheel size. Thats all.

Nobody is willing to let it be, though. And I don't understand why my life has to be this way. But thats how it is. I could not find a picture of that car with tire size legible but I spent some time trying. Why? In an effort to respond politely. The only way to solve my problem is to never post another picture with a wheel in it. Best I can do. Say I have a lack of serenity. Don't say I like big wheels. I don't know if I do or not, its a mental taboo not to be given thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30202 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2019, 04:22 PM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User
 

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NW AR
Age: 53
Posts: 3,785
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,157
Thanked 4,797 Times in 2,851 Posts
Replaced GTP engine mount with the one I took out 75-80K miles ago. Napa is closed on Sunday. The wheels are too big on this car, too. 17s. Left wheel on while doing this.





Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30203 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2019, 04:56 PM
55 Tony's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cocke County, TN
Posts: 996
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 130
Thanked 167 Times in 148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
Head in hands. Why do you think I like big wheels? That is putting words in my mouth! Why are you apologizing? What motivation was behind your comments? My car has cheapo discontinued Cragar15s. And bondo and rust chunks falling off. Your car is fine!

I was only trying to show what a factory purple GTO looks like, but here I sit feeling like a treed animal surrounded by ferocious dogs because the dogs think I like a car with big wheels. I said 17" because past experience has led me to believe rodders tolerate 17s. I just want the exclamations over wheel size in reactions to my posts to stop. I do not ever control wheel size selection on anything. I can't make paint cheaper, I can't stop hunger, I can't build a pyramid. I can't control wheel size. Thats all.

Nobody is willing to let it be, though. And I don't understand why my life has to be this way. But thats how it is. I could not find a picture of that car with tire size legible but I spent some time trying. Why? In an effort to respond politely. The only way to solve my problem is to never post another picture with a wheel in it. Best I can do. Say I have a lack of serenity. Don't say I like big wheels. I don't know if I do or not, its a mental taboo not to be given thought.

Whoa. I will try not to reply to your posts.
__________________
Young enough to learn ... too old to remember.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30204 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2019, 05:08 PM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User
 

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NW AR
Age: 53
Posts: 3,785
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,157
Thanked 4,797 Times in 2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55 Tony View Post
Whoa. I will try not to reply to your posts.
See? Now not only do I like big wheels but am a troll of some sort. Its like quicksand. I don't expect you to understand and I got nothing against you. Except I could build the Eiffel Tower, nobody would care. Post a picture of non-stock wheel diameter on a hot rod website and its whoa whoa whoa. Does not make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30205 (permalink)  
Old 08-19-2019, 01:34 PM
496CHEVY3100's Avatar
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: 53 ad3100
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,259
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 3,509
Thanked 2,621 Times in 1,634 Posts
Istopped by to pick up some parts for the 55 today,,Tail ights and a couple other parts..and Roland had this sitting out side..

The 55 2 dr wagon I sold him last year and I bought the 56 $ dr wagon I have now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2337.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	446933   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2334.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	446935   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2333.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	446937  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30206 (permalink)  
Old 08-19-2019, 01:46 PM
496CHEVY3100's Avatar
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: 53 ad3100
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,259
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 3,509
Thanked 2,621 Times in 1,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
Replaced GTP engine mount with the one I took out 75-80K miles ago. Napa is closed on Sunday. The wheels are too big on this car, too. 17s. Left wheel on while doing this.






Is that a water & oil mixture on the mount,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30207 (permalink)  
Old 08-19-2019, 02:41 PM
cozwurth's Avatar
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: Vinyl top carnage...
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SE Virginia
Posts: 380
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 377
Thanked 548 Times in 317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
Replaced GTP engine mount with the one I took out 75-80K miles ago. Napa is closed on Sunday. The wheels are too big on this car, too. 17s. Left wheel on while doing this.











IDJ, that job looks all too familiar, except I have no aluminum lung attached to the go-pedal...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to cozwurth For This Useful Post:
idrivejunk (08-24-2019)
  #30208 (permalink)  
Old 08-19-2019, 05:22 PM
496CHEVY3100's Avatar
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: 53 ad3100
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,259
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 3,509
Thanked 2,621 Times in 1,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55 Tony View Post
I missed one that had the brackets welded on wrong, so I'm going on my 5th rad.
..



If the next one dont fit righ ,Try thus company,,,

I ordered this online for $160,,ut is a 4 core extra wide Aluminum,,i have only 1 18 in Haden fan with a home made shroud,it cools a healthy 496 with no problems ,,number it on the cardboard proctecter.

hope this helps,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	user116882_pic3331_1369880390 15.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	446945   Click image for larger version

Name:	user116882_pic1192_1352873192.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	446947  

Last edited by 496CHEVY3100; 08-19-2019 at 05:35 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30209 (permalink)  
Old 08-19-2019, 05:32 PM
55 Tony's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cocke County, TN
Posts: 996
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 130
Thanked 167 Times in 148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
..



If the next one dont fit righ ,Try thus company,,,

I ordered this online for $160,,ut is a 4 core extra wide Aluminum,,i have only 1 18 in Haden fan with a home made shroud,it cools a healthy 496 with no problems ,,number it on the cardboard proctecter.

hope this helps,

I think you missed some important info above.
__________________
Young enough to learn ... too old to remember.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to 55 Tony For This Useful Post:
496CHEVY3100 (08-19-2019)
  #30210 (permalink)  
Old 08-19-2019, 08:24 PM
496CHEVY3100's Avatar
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: 53 ad3100
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,259
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 3,509
Thanked 2,621 Times in 1,634 Posts
Forgot and left my tools outside,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	68244098_10217842205399902_5524957144010457088_n  bb.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	446949  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 496CHEVY3100 For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (08-20-2019), 55 Tony (08-20-2019), Dave57210 (08-19-2019), John long (08-20-2019), Rip VW (08-19-2019)

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


« Come On Man! | - »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 44 (1 members and 43 guests)
MARTINSR
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hahaha Remember that "Hemi in a Camaro" thread... Crazy Mopar Guy Hotrodding Basics 16 11-07-2015 04:26 AM
Another engine "tick" diagnosis thread....(long) ForceFed86 Engine 2 04-09-2011 03:54 PM
Increase thread title "preview" time cboy Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help 16 07-03-2008 08:45 PM
MuscleCarKid_1991 "Senior Project" thread: Dumped Jon Engine 2 03-22-2008 08:01 PM
"Trial fitting parts" thread vs. paint thickness rcurrier44 Body - Exterior 3 01-26-2005 05:24 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.