The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 2019 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #30271 (permalink)  
Old 08-26-2019, 08:22 PM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User
 

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 4,060
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,579
Thanked 5,415 Times in 3,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
I got some more done on cowl and fender patches......


https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/194...ml#post4691531
Gone a' lookin. Soon as I drop some variety pics.

    Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #30272 (permalink)  
Old 08-26-2019, 08:47 PM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User
 

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 4,060
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,579
Thanked 5,415 Times in 3,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Nah. I think I'll make the case.

Brian, If you are on the fence, go get it. It is a one time deal. Even if you make a two day trip out of it we are only talking about a hundred dollar motel room. If you don't get the GS, you will always miss it.

Did you move in order to sacrifice the things that are near and dear to you? I don't think so.

What ever you do, I hope it is the right decision for you.

Hope you have a good trip!

John
I like your style. Wondered about ole 40 grit today. There was a time when I'd have just said if it isn't creating a money problem, KEEP! But that was before my spirit was broken concerning that. But its hard to sit by being wishy washy not saying anything because I know how it is. Sort of. Partially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30273 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2019, 06:27 AM
Too Many Projects's Avatar
Collector of "someday" cars
 

Last journal entry: continued
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: River Falls, WI
Posts: 1,817
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2,464
Thanked 5,013 Times in 2,760 Posts
Yeah, it's easy for us to sit here and arm chair quarterback Brian's life. And yes, I've been on both sides of that fence too. If he's really had it as long as he needs it, then it's probably worth more to sell in CA than UT. He is starting a whole new chapter in his book of life and if the GS isn't a part of that, only he can decide if he is REALLY ready to let it go.

I'll just say this. The drive back in a comfortable vehicle won't be nearly as time consuming, or exhausting as in the moving truck. My perspective of miles and time are far different than most. 3 weeks ago, I drove to Buffalo NY and back in 42 hours, for a friggen fender.... 1900 miles. When I was doing the winter OTR, I would run 3,300 miles in 4.5-5 days, so I could be home on the weekends. Driving long distances isn't daunting to me. What I consider "normal", most people consider crazy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (08-27-2019), 496CHEVY3100 (08-27-2019)
 
  #30274 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2019, 11:26 AM
496CHEVY3100's Avatar
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: 53 ad3100
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,262
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 3,586
Thanked 2,695 Times in 1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
Yeah, it's easy for us to sit here and arm chair quarterback Brian's life. And yes, I've been on both sides of that fence too. If he's really had it as long as he needs it, then it's probably worth more to sell in CA than UT. He is starting a whole new chapter in his book of life and if the GS isn't a part of that, only he can decide if he is REALLY ready to let it go.

I'll just say this. The drive back in a comfortable vehicle won't be nearly as time consuming, or exhausting as in the moving truck. My perspective of miles and time are far different than most. 3 weeks ago, I drove to Buffalo NY and back in 42 hours, for a friggen fender.... 1900 miles. When I was doing the winter OTR, I would run 3,300 miles in 4.5-5 days, so I could be home on the weekends. Driving long distances isn't daunting to me. What I consider "normal", most people consider crazy...
I R 1 2,,,lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to 496CHEVY3100 For This Useful Post:
Too Many Projects (08-27-2019)
  #30275 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2019, 01:19 PM
boothboy's Avatar
More bucks, go faster!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Grass Valley, CA.
Posts: 1,052
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2,188
Thanked 1,788 Times in 1,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
I R 1 2,,,lol
Showing St. Bernards keeps me hopping on the weekends and living in CA. means lots of miles. I also show in Wa. and Or. and for years I hopped across the USA coast to coast. Point being my secret to road trips. Free book tapes from the library. It's not how many miles you drive, it's how many chapters!. Works for me!.

Quick question. How many of you guys have driven in all 50 states? I have!

BB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30276 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2019, 03:24 PM
Too Many Projects's Avatar
Collector of "someday" cars
 

Last journal entry: continued
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: River Falls, WI
Posts: 1,817
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2,464
Thanked 5,013 Times in 2,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy View Post
Showing St. Bernards keeps me hopping on the weekends and living in CA. means lots of miles. I also show in Wa. and Or. and for years I hopped across the USA coast to coast. Point being my secret to road trips. Free book tapes from the library. It's not how many miles you drive, it's how many chapters!. Works for me!.

Quick question. How many of you guys have driven in all 50 states? I have!

BB
I'm missing most of the upper east coast states, by choice. West coast, missing OR, WA and ID. I have driven in HI and on the wrong side of the road in Jamaica and the Virgin Islands. In Jamaica, I had a 5 speed manual car, which I had to learn to shift with my left hand. That was OK, but I never got used to the turn signal switch being reversed on the column. Every time I went to make a turn, I flipped on the damned wipers !!! AAARRRRGGG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
boothboy (08-27-2019)
  #30277 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2019, 09:39 PM
boothboy's Avatar
More bucks, go faster!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Grass Valley, CA.
Posts: 1,052
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2,188
Thanked 1,788 Times in 1,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
I'm missing most of the upper east coast states, by choice. West coast, missing OR, WA and ID. I have driven in HI and on the wrong side of the road in Jamaica and the Virgin Islands. In Jamaica, I had a 5 speed manual car, which I had to learn to shift with my left hand. That was OK, but I never got used to the turn signal switch being reversed on the column. Every time I went to make a turn, I flipped on the damned wipers !!! AAARRRRGGG
That turn signal thing could be disastrous if you grew up with a column shift!

BB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30278 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2019, 09:48 PM
496CHEVY3100's Avatar
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: 53 ad3100
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,262
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 3,586
Thanked 2,695 Times in 1,670 Posts
Only about 30 of the lower 48 but ,I did New York and Jersey,,! trip but not by choice and Never again.

If I did it would be in a Sherman,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 496CHEVY3100 For This Useful Post:
boothboy (08-28-2019), Too Many Projects (08-27-2019)
  #30279 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2019, 10:15 PM
Too Many Projects's Avatar
Collector of "someday" cars
 

Last journal entry: continued
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: River Falls, WI
Posts: 1,817
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2,464
Thanked 5,013 Times in 2,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy View Post
That turn signal thing could be disastrous if you grew up with a column shift!

BB
That's all my parents owned until well into the 80's. My Mom's 1978 Nova was a 6 cylinder, 3 on tree and my Dad's 1976 C10 was a 307, 3 speed. My Dad finally bought an automatic in 1988 and my Mom in 1991.

I passed my driver test in 1968 with a 1966 Chevelle Malibu with a 283, 3 on the tree...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
boothboy (08-28-2019)
  #30280 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2019, 12:03 AM
Semper Gumby
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 343
Wiki Edits: 2

Thanks: 618
Thanked 571 Times in 423 Posts
A 3 on the tree is the single most effective anti-theft device ever made!
How many people (now) can use one?
I keep seeing stories about attempted carjackings that were foiled because the idiot couldn't drive a stickshift - never mind a 3 on the tree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave57210 For This Useful Post:
496CHEVY3100 (08-28-2019), boothboy (08-28-2019)
  #30281 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2019, 03:37 AM
cozwurth's Avatar
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: Vinyl top carnage...
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SE Virginia
Posts: 399
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 507
Thanked 730 Times in 398 Posts
I'm gonna put this out there now... there will be no garage time for me today. Today is my 26th anniversary, and I will be spending it with the woman who has been putting up with me for all of those years (plus an additional 4 that we were dating). We will be having dinner at a nice restaurant on the river this evening, enjoying the view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cozwurth For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (08-28-2019), boothboy (08-28-2019)
  #30282 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2019, 06:24 AM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User
 

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 4,060
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,579
Thanked 5,415 Times in 3,188 Posts
Happy anni, Dave.

My 68 Malibu when I was 17 was 3 on the tree. When I got it. Not for long though. They still had shifters and glasspacks at department stores. I remember having just gotten my senior ring but didn't want to take it off to wrench on junk but I boogered it up doing the floor shift conversion. Then lost it.

A slightly misadjusted (worn out) backdrive can be a good theft deterrant too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
cozwurth (08-28-2019)
  #30283 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2019, 08:30 AM
Too Many Projects's Avatar
Collector of "someday" cars
 

Last journal entry: continued
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: River Falls, WI
Posts: 1,817
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2,464
Thanked 5,013 Times in 2,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozwurth View Post
I'm gonna put this out there now... there will be no garage time for me today. Today is my 26th anniversary, and I will be spending it with the woman who has been putting up with me for all of those years (plus an additional 4 that we were dating). We will be having dinner at a nice restaurant on the river this evening, enjoying the view.
Congratulations and good of you to take her someplace special..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
cozwurth (08-28-2019)
  #30284 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2019, 08:41 AM
Too Many Projects's Avatar
Collector of "someday" cars
 

Last journal entry: continued
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: River Falls, WI
Posts: 1,817
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2,464
Thanked 5,013 Times in 2,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave57210 View Post
A 3 on the tree is the single most effective anti-theft device ever made!
How many people (now) can use one?
I keep seeing stories about attempted carjackings that were foiled because the idiot couldn't drive a stickshift - never mind a 3 on the tree!
My first 3 cars were manuals, 2 of them 3 speed on column. The '66 Malibu was bought new and when the linkage was still tight, I could speed shift it and get "scratch" in second...

IDJ mentions converting the column to floor. My third car was a '64 Galaxy, 352 3 on the tree. It soon had a Hurst floor conversion and a 390 under the hood. It was fun and could hold it's own against a few cars, but I kept getting beat by those damned Chevrolet big block cars, so I sold it for a '68 Chevelle SS.....yep with a 4 speed. I love manual transmissions, even after making umpteen million gear changes with a Road Ranger 13 speed for 28 years... I recently converted my ss/rs Camaro from powerglide to M21..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30285 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2019, 10:04 AM
496CHEVY3100's Avatar
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: 53 ad3100
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,262
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 3,586
Thanked 2,695 Times in 1,670 Posts
Must be a trucker thing,,i still like my manual trans,although the only ones I have the camaro 6 speed,,2 MGBs 4 and a 5 speed..rest are slushboxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (0 members and 10 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hahaha Remember that "Hemi in a Camaro" thread... Crazy Mopar Guy Hotrodding Basics 16 11-07-2015 05:26 AM
Another engine "tick" diagnosis thread....(long) ForceFed86 Engine 2 04-09-2011 04:54 PM
Increase thread title "preview" time cboy Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help 16 07-03-2008 09:45 PM
MuscleCarKid_1991 "Senior Project" thread: Dumped Jon Engine 2 03-22-2008 09:01 PM
"Trial fitting parts" thread vs. paint thickness rcurrier44 Body - Exterior 3 01-26-2005 06:24 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.