The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 2122 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2020, 06:10 PM
Grand Prix User

Last journal entry: Last look
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 6,695 Times in 3,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
This cubby sure is a handy thing. Great place to install the AC as well.

I may always look but don't always see, past the pretty. Will you be able to also run evap / heat lines out within that seemingly reserved cubby space? Thought occurred that you might need tunnel clearance for some sort of a heat shielding panel for plumbing until it exits the tunnel zone. Perhaps. Wondering also if the whole utility closet concept has any advantages you can see other than asthetic and if you have a past the point of no return mindset or are finding this setup to be too much trouble and/or will be significantly more difficult to service. I straight dig it but theres gotta be a catch.

heckle, heckle...

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (02-23-2020)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2020, 06:25 PM

Hooked up my hitch crane and got the 5.3 out of the storage. Also grabbed my cherry picker, drill press and a cabinet with some cutting tools in it.
Brought them back to the house putting everything in the barn then hooked up the hitch crane for tomorrow when in plan on getting the 472 and a few other things.
The Following User Says Thank You to cerial For This Useful Post:
Too Many Projects (02-23-2020)
Old 02-23-2020, 06:28 PM
Rod...from a Chrysler?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: SEAM SEALER
Wiki Edits: 29

Thanked 4,637 Times in 2,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
I may always look but don't always see, past the pretty. Will you be able to also run evap / heat lines out within that seemingly reserved cubby space? Thought occurred that you might need tunnel clearance for some sort of a heat shielding panel for plumbing until it exits the tunnel zone. Perhaps. Wondering also if the whole utility closet concept has any advantages you can see other than asthetic and if you have a past the point of no return mindset or are finding this setup to be too much trouble and/or will be significantly more difficult to service. I straight dig it but theres gotta be a catch.

heckle, heckle...

No catch.

Reasons for it:

1. Out of sight.
2. I would never use an under floor unit with a floor hatch for access to the master.
3. Since under floor is out of the question, fluid will not be allowed into the passenger compartment to damage the new carpet, so no choice but to keep it out. Especially high PSI hydroboost.

Sure hope the brakes will feel like pressing on a feather pillow with my bad feet.

Hoses will exit thru cowl side under passenger fender area.
Consider that when it's time to assemble the car, I will have almost everything ready to go at the firewall. Just bolt stuff together very quickly.

I'm ordering AC and heater line components tomorrow so I can prepare them all up to the bulkheads in the side of the cowl while I still have a clear view from the front.

Oh, and one more thing....keep on a hecklin'.....ha.....
The Following User Says Thank You to 123pugsy For This Useful Post:
idrivejunk (02-23-2020)

Old 02-23-2020, 06:37 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Thanked 1,810 Times in 1,284 Posts
Spent a little time in the shop today.

BB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	First shop..JPG
Views:	15
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	452065  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to boothboy For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (02-24-2020), idrivejunk (02-23-2020), MARTINSR (02-23-2020), Rip VW (02-23-2020), Too Many Projects (02-23-2020)
Old 02-23-2020, 06:57 PM
Grand Prix User

Quote:
No catch.

Reasons for it:

1. Out of sight.
2. I would never use an under floor unit with a floor hatch for access to the master.
3. Since under floor is out of the question, fluid will not be allowed into the passenger compartment to damage the new carpet, so no choice but to keep it out. Especially high PSI hydroboost.

Sure hope the brakes will feel like pressing on a feather pillow with my bad feet.

Consider that when it's time to assemble the car, I will have almost everything ready to go at the firewall. Just bolt stuff together very quickly.

I'm ordering AC and heater line components tomorrow so I can prepare them all up to the bulkheads in the side of the cowl while I still have a clear view from the front.

Oh, and one more thing....keep on a hecklin'.....ha.....

Wouldn't want to peg the hecklometer. Helps if inquiries are observant and sincere don't it? I'm thrilled with Pugsy Mansion 2 and find vindication in your wholehearted embrace of the theory. Aww. It is neat. You will never be able to stop fabricating and keep your marbles now. Oh and this heated massage machine I got from Mom who knows best (and preaches that putting your feet up in a recliner is a matter of survival) that says its for neck and shoulders but only hurts them... sure is a big ah. Even if all you just did was scoot to the fridge in socks. Sayeth slab house with linoleum kitchen and drafty windows man. But that thing looks like a component from Cap'n Kirk's bridge.
The Following User Says Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (02-24-2020)
Old 02-23-2020, 09:00 PM
I will endevour to persevere

Last journal entry: This thread is officially Kaput as of 11/07/2017

Thanked 1,101 Times in 609 Posts
Cozwurth,

I always wondered if spray foam insulation would be a good insulation for a metal building, it would eliminate air to steel contact inside the shop and it has good insulating properties. It is more expensive to hire the job out but I also knew a guy that rented the machine and did his himself.

Insulation is also a concern for me on my new shop but not as bad as it could be as my shop is all wood and no steel so hopefully no rain out in mine.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:30 PM
Collector of "someday" cars

Last journal entry: continued

Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,063 Posts
Quote:

Are you going to use a bulkhead manifold to transfer the fluids thru the side ? I did that with the '38 and it makes for an easy method, without drilling holes for every individual hose.
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (02-24-2020)
Old 02-24-2020, 04:24 AM
Rod...from a Chrysler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
Are you going to use a bulkhead manifold to transfer the fluids thru the side ? I did that with the '38 and it makes for an easy method, without drilling holes for every individual hose.

One double for the AC lines and two individuals for the heater hoses. About 8" hose on each inside heater line req'd. Don't like the idea of soft lines inside, but I've never had a heater hose under the hood fail, so I'm not going to worry about it.
Old 02-24-2020, 06:32 AM

Quote:
One double for the AC lines and two individuals for the heater hoses. About 8" hose on each inside heater line req'd. Don't like the idea of soft lines inside, but I've never had a heater hose under the hood fail, so I'm not going to worry about it.
Yeah, mine is a spaghetti mess too...

Old 02-24-2020, 08:11 AM
Rod...from a Chrysler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
Yeah, mine is a spaghetti mess too...

Holy mackerel !

How the heck did you connect that? I now bow to the King of patience....wow.....
idrivejunk (02-24-2020)
Old 02-24-2020, 12:02 PM
Grand Prix User

Quote:
No extending the tubes off the core? I didn't know if you'd be behind the fender but with your hood hinge spot where it is, ain't going there. So what part of the ac/heat goes inside the cubby?

I couldn't remember where the WSW discussion ended up but (heckle, prod) if theres no lines through the cubby theres your tank spot. Too bad you kicked the sauce, it could just as easy hold refreshing corn squeezin's.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:24 PM
Rod...from a Chrysler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
No extending the tubes off the core? I didn't know if you'd be behind the fender but with your hood hinge spot where it is, ain't going there. So what part of the ac/heat goes inside the cubby?

I couldn't remember where the WSW discussion ended up but (heckle, prod) if theres no lines through the cubby theres your tank spot. Too bad you kicked the sauce, it could just as easy hold refreshing corn squeezin's.

The bolts holding the AC in place go thru the cubby. All tenants have moved in and no more room to rent, squeezins or not...
idrivejunk (02-24-2020)
Old 02-24-2020, 03:29 PM
Rod...from a Chrysler?

Drain trough done. Just need a down spout now.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0712.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	452071  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 123pugsy For This Useful Post:
cozwurth (02-24-2020), idrivejunk (02-24-2020)
Old 02-24-2020, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Holy mackerel !

How the heck did you connect that? I now bow to the King of patience....wow.....
My wife read that and is just now able to pick herself up off the floor from laughing...

She said you spelled the "p" word wrong it is "persistence" as I call it, stubborn is her description... and a little cussing.
Okay, a LOT of cussing...

I had to cut a crows foot out of 1/4" steel to tighten one fitting. I bought the crimping tool and built the hoses 1 at a time and installed them and then moved on to fitting the next one around the previously installed hoses.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (02-24-2020), cerial (02-24-2020), Gearhead Poppa (02-24-2020), idrivejunk (02-24-2020)
Old 02-24-2020, 05:00 PM
Rod...from a Chrysler?

Great idea on the home made crow's foot.

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

« Trivia thread | - »