Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders' Lounge (https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-lounge/)
-   -   The "What Did You Work On Today" thread (https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/what-did-you-work-today-thread-210870.html)

sportcoupe 01-02-2012 08:39 AM

what did u do?

Happy New Year! had time to make a cardboard template for the inside of my rumble seat, will start rolling a sheet of Aluminum to fit. sc

matts37chev 01-03-2012 03:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
now that the garage is kinda clean :mwink:

today I got the car back out where I could work on it.
I had to drag out all of my sheet metal, to see what I had, and where it all went.
Now I just have to get all of it welded into the car.

Well, I guess the next step is I need to make some body mounts and framework for the new floor

matts37chev 01-05-2012 10:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
made some doublers for inside of my lower front door pillars
and a body mount/front floor crossmember
(that will be cut for the trans tunnel, at a later date) :thumbup:

NEW INTERIORS 01-05-2012 11:09 PM

I finished up on a Model T coupe I been working on for A few days now... :thumbup:

Bad Rat 01-06-2012 01:25 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Been trying to get my 69 Bonneville back together after being torn apart for the last 5 years,, finally got it painted and trying to remember how it goes back together,, getting old really sucks,, makes ya lazy,,, ;)

da34guy 01-06-2012 06:03 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Changed the color on the Vicky yesterday.
No more semi gloss black

silentpoet 01-06-2012 07:28 AM

Going to buy some tools today so I can hook up the new carb. But won't actually be able to do the work until next week because I work 36 hours this weekend. I also added a blog entry to my caddy blog.

topwrench 01-06-2012 09:03 AM

Too early to get started
But yesterday I took out the 10 bolt from 67 Camaro n put a ford 9 inch in,Calvert split spring mono leafs n Calvert traction bars,had to get a conversion u joint from 1100 to 1350 so driveshaft would fit the 9 inch yoke
My garage looks like a tornado hit it!
Tools,extension cords n air hoses all over foor!
So this P.M. Im gonna try n take some pics of my cars so I can post them here,too foggy right now.

matts37chev 01-07-2012 09:37 AM

yesterday..........not a darn thing :(
today.......we will see
I hope to get a front corner put together :)

123pugsy 01-07-2012 11:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A lot of today's working on the front end of the car. What a mess fixing up the lousy shaped panels.

Out in the garage this morning trying to finish up tacking the panel in place.

123pugsy 01-07-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Rat
Been trying to get my 69 Bonneville back together after being torn apart for the last 5 years,, finally got it painted and trying to remember how it goes back together,, getting old really sucks,, makes ya lazy,,, ;)

Nice color. What is it?

bentwings 01-07-2012 11:15 AM

Today we took the car to our Sat breakfast. It's the latest (earliest) in the year I have driven it. It was 25 deg but the heater kept us nice and toasty. It looks like good weather at least untill next Wed so we'll got to breakfast then also. I'm going to try and explore the minimum operating temp, probably -10 f is my guess.

LATECH 01-07-2012 03:29 PM

Worked on my womans car. She Hit a deer. :smash:
Shes OK, just a little shook up. It came outta now where and ran into her.

starnest 01-07-2012 04:26 PM

Finally got back to work on my El Camino. Figured out the center link, it clears the frame. Though it looks like it won't fit, once bolted in it fits like a glove. Found that because the pitman arm rotates at a slight angle across the horizontal plane, the center link lifts slightly as it moves from rh to lh turn.

Got the tie rods in and roughly aligned the steering.
Had two zerks that wouldn't go in. I'll have to get replacement fittings and tap the holes.

I'll add pics to my journal later in the week. Tomorrow I hope to finish some of the engine bay wiring.

matts37chev 01-07-2012 08:33 PM

got my front floor support/body mount finished
and all the pieces of sheet metal that go in the left front corner
cut to fit, they were roughed in, but now they are ready to weld in
will do that tomorrow