The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 514 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 6,938 Times in 4,408 Posts
Yeah BB, $32! I have one! Geeez you guys just don't get how cheap I am!

I got the stereo all in the Rambler, WHOO HOOO! First song, YMCA.

I couldn't believe how easy the speakers were. I had a pair I was going to put in the doors, they ended up falling apart when I cranked up the music. So I went digging thru my stock and ended up using a pair of others and putting them in the kick panels. The kick panels had no room behind them but they were also shaped to the cowl side, all I had to do was cut a hole and mount the speakers to the panel and stall it, the panel flattened out and it the speakers fit!

I can dig it, it sounds of course a thousand times better than the stock AM radio even with those two funky speakers.

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
I finished adding small bits to the bottom of both B pillars and got both rockers tacked in place.
Waa-hooo!

Beautiful Pugsy!

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (03-17-2014)
Old 03-16-2014, 11:04 PM

Last journal entry: For a change of pace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Beautiful Pugsy!

Brian
I suspect Pugsy never sleeps. He is so fast.

You mean I am supposed to have BOLT in there??? News to me, never had one before. Do I want one? LOL

doh! forgot to add the pic….. here it is….

AND I read a nice article by some guy named Brain, the basic of basics. I need to move a hinge, a bit, then I can do the basics. Thanks for all those handy
tutorials you write Brian. ( the door does fit, it fit once, it will fit again, even if I have to break a pin )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2049.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	128618  

Old 03-16-2014, 11:49 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast

today was a nice day to show a little love to my daily driver, especially since I'm forced to not play basketball so I thought I better get the car stuff out of the way now. Replaced the spark plugs and wires, installed some new rear brake pads, and a coolant outlet flange. VW has really lame plastic coolant fittings and they all fail. This was the last one left(all other plastic crap failed/replaced) and it has been leaking badly. I'm not entirely sure it's where the leak was but am pretty sure it was coming from the flange. It's a horrible design and people have reported leaks 2 days after replacing theirs. It uses a rubber O ring and I hear not to use RTV sealants with O rings but I read so many stories about them failing with no sealant so I got the grey sealant for waterpumps, but am hearing the high temp one works great for this job, and VW installed one with a red high temp sealant so I figured it needed a sealant. Brake pads were all the way down to the metal backing. I kid you not. the rear brakes last a long time on those cars, a lot longer than my wife's Honda.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigK View Post
I suspect Pugsy never sleeps. He is so fast.

You mean I am supposed to have BOLT in there??? News to me, never had one before. Do I want one? LOL

doh! forgot to add the pic….. here it is….

AND I read a nice article by some guy named Brain, the basic of basics. I need to move a hinge, a bit, then I can do the basics. Thanks for all those handy
tutorials you write Brian. ( the door does fit, it fit once, it will fit again, even if I have to break a pin )
I'm not sure if they ever had bolts in there but it has the hole and other cars with similar hinges have bolts. I put them in mine to get the doors where I wanted.

Brian
Old 03-17-2014, 06:22 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint
Wiki Edits: 11

Thanked 1,463 Times in 1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
Bought another trailor yesterday and I installed a 10,500 winch on it it is 18ft more of what I needed.

What is wrong with this picture
Is THAT a ford pulling a chevy???? Come on man....
Old 03-17-2014, 07:56 AM

Last journal entry: Body work

Been a while since last post, been working hard fixing my dash after dropping it on the floor shortly after finishing it. The damage was much worse than I thought once I gave it a close inspection, had to repair a dozen small cracks. Got it painted and installed this weekend. just need to finish the carpet and build door panels and interior is close to finished.

I will never do fiberglass work again.

Have a great day guys.

Ed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to americanLT1 For This Useful Post:
tech69 (03-17-2014), Too Many Projects (03-17-2014)
Old 03-17-2014, 08:05 AM

Last journal entry: 53 ad3100

Thanked 2,695 Times in 1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
Is THAT a ford pulling a chevy???? Come on man....

I was going to sit a dodge across the bed and haul it and pull the chevy ,but I didn't want to cause a controversy.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:46 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Thanked 1,788 Times in 1,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanLT1 View Post
Been a while since last post, been working hard fixing my dash after dropping it on the floor shortly after finishing it. The damage was much worse than I thought once I gave it a close inspection, had to repair a dozen small cracks. Got it painted and installed this weekend. just need to finish the carpet and build door panels and interior is close to finished.

Have a great day guys.

Ed
Ed your dash and console looks just outstanding! Beautiful work. Congratulations!!!

BB
Old 03-17-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy View Post
Ed your dash and console looks just outstanding! Beautiful work. Congratulations!!!

BB
My goodness yes it does! Geeez and I am thinking I put a bunch of work into my stereo glovebox.

Brian
Old 03-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Purists Hate Me

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: SEAM SEALER
Wiki Edits: 29

Thanked 3,767 Times in 2,159 Posts
Quote:

Have a great day guys.

Ed
That's freekin awesome!

I will remember to shape metal for my dash rather than use fiberglass. Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:37 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast

Quote:

Have a great day guys.

Ed
amazing work there!
Old 03-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Slow but willing learner

Thanked 8,056 Times in 4,123 Posts
Quote:

Have a great day guys.

Ed
I am sorry you had to go through that Ed. The results are superb. Thanks for posting.

John
Old 03-17-2014, 10:26 AM

Look inside that door guys, look INSIDE the door at the back side of the door skin. Guys THAT is a well detailed car. It's not pretending, it isn't simply a bunch of money thrown at it. It's a SHOW CAR as I believe one should be. You can look at this car deeper and deeper and not see a flaw, you can look at it where you're not suppose to look...and not find a flaw. This is the kind of car I love to see, they will stop me in my tracks at shows.

Brian
Old 03-17-2014, 10:33 AM
Slow but willing learner

Thanked 8,056 Times in 4,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Look inside that door guys, look INSIDE the door at the back side of the door skin. Guys THAT is a well detailed car. It's not pretending, it isn't simply a bunch of money thrown at it. It's a SHOW CAR as I believe one should be. You can look at this car deeper and deeper and not see a flaw, you can look at it where you're not suppose to look...and not find a flaw. This is the kind of car I love to see, they will stop me in my tracks at shows.

Brian
LOL, Now you have quit preachin and gone to medlin.......

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in