Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders' Lounge (https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-lounge/)
-   -   The "What Did You Work On Today" thread (https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/what-did-you-work-today-thread-210870.html)

123pugsy 01-19-2012 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR
What are you doing to the hood? Are we talking repairing dents or are you filling holes or something?

Brian


I took out hinge to make it one piece.
This is nothing yet, the 2 sides gotta get extended and the front nose piece needs to be made yet.

The pic below shows how much more needs to be done.

MARTINSR 01-19-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123pugsy
I took out hinge to make it one piece.
This is nothing yet, the 2 sides gotta get extended and the front nose piece needs to be made yet.

The pic below shows how much more needs to be done.

You are doing some super tin work there, wow. I love quotes and have some sent to me everyday. Todays was about steam and steel (the steam engine and steel furnace inventors were born today) and one of the quotes if perfect for you.

Steel can be any shape you want if you are skilled enough, and any shape but the one you want if you are not.
- Robert M. Pirsig

123pugsy 01-19-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR
You are doing some super tin work there, wow. I love quotes and have some sent to me everyday. Todays was about steam and steel (the steam engine and steel furnace inventors were born today) and one of the quotes if perfect for you.

Steel can be any shape you want if you are skilled enough, and any shape but the one you want if you are not.
- Robert M. Pirsig


Thanks.

Lately its been any shape but the one I want........... :pain:

matts37chev 01-19-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matts37chev
shovel snow, take wife to work, shovel snow, work on RH rocker on 37, shovel snow, post here :welcome:

mostly the same, with a little less snow shoveling and a little more 37 RH rockering

PRO 48 fleetline 01-20-2012 02:24 PM

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4422/027wo.jpg
By profleetline at 2011-11-22
http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/5264/072rwm.jpg
By profleetline at 2011-11-22
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1461/078ys.jpg
By profleetline at 2011-11-22
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9667/012sbm.jpg
By profleetline at 2011-11-16
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6773/049vf.jpg
By profleetline at 2011-10-12
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4475/061oq.jpg
By profleetline at 2011-10-12
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6695/046fv.jpg
By profleetline at 2011-10-12
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/836/017jw.jpg
By profleetline at 2011-10-12
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4594/022gfm.jpg
By profleetline at 2011-10-12

sportcoupe 01-20-2012 03:03 PM

todays job
 
1 Attachment(s)
We spent most of the day out in the snow climbing towers to install new wireless back-haul gear. another 8" of new snow this morning. tomorrow i get to work on my car.

matts37chev 01-20-2012 11:08 PM

nuthin, but I did buy a new bench grinder

123pugsy 01-21-2012 05:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Mocked up a new shape for the front of the hood.

I don't think I like it.
The Willys look is meaner. :evil:

My first idea is in the second pic.

matts37chev 01-21-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123pugsy
Mocked up a new shape for the front of the hood.

I don't think I like it.
The Willys look is meaner. :evil:

My first idea is in the second pic.

tough decision, some foil would help "see it" better

deadbodyman 01-21-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matts37chev
shovel snow, take wife to work, shovel snow, work on RH rocker on 37, shovel snow, post here :welcome:

LOL. got any pics???? Of the snow shoveling that is,its been so long since I've seen any I forgot why I moved to Ga. I do remember the snow plow always came by throwing in 2 more feet as soon as you finished and got back inside.Oh and how much fun it was getting a good head of steam up trying to drive over a frozen 2 foot hump of snow at 5am that'll wake you up better than a couple cups of coffee when you get air on all four tires... :drunk:

123pugsy 01-21-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matts37chev
tough decision, some foil would help "see it" better

Foil is today's project.

matts37chev 01-21-2012 09:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadbodyman
LOL. got any pics???? Of the snow shoveling that is,its been so long since I've seen any I forgot why I moved to Ga. I do remember the snow plow always came by throwing in 2 more feet as soon as you finished and got back inside.Oh and how much fun it was getting a good head of steam up trying to drive over a frozen 2 foot hump of snow at 5am that'll wake you up better than a couple cups of coffee when you get air on all four tires... :drunk:

not of the shoveling itself, but of what needed shoveled :D

we got about 10" of snow that night, which is a huge amount for around here :pain: and very rare, 2"-3" is more the norm

we live on a corner, so you have to stop at the end of our heavily wooded driveway, before you can pull out onto the road

so the 2 foot tall wall/pile of snow/slush stuff does make it interesting :thumbup:

MARTINSR 01-21-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123pugsy
Mocked up a new shape for the front of the hood.

I don't think I like it.
The Willys look is meaner. :evil:

My first idea is in the second pic.

I don't know which I like more, but you are doing a fine job, that is for sure. This should be posted in the "hotrodding basics" forum as it is an often missed step with beginners. Trial fitting or mocking stuff up and standing back to look at it, roll it outside so you can stand back and look at it is the way of an artist.

Brian

123pugsy 01-21-2012 12:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Another way to mock up.

See pics below. Disregard the "bling".

MARTINSR 01-21-2012 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And of course before photoshop you had to do something like what I have done for years, simply cut up photos and draw on them. :D

Brian


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.