The "What Did You Work On Today" thread - Page 964 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2015, 07:03 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Yep John, our leaves are gone. Had plenty of nites in the mid 20s. One nite was 18. It's warmed up since. And you nailed it, yous guys......

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2015, 07:22 PM

Last journal entry: 53 ad3100

Thanked 2,695 Times in 1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodnit View Post
Ouch!!!!!! That's not spendy? Needed 10 characters. I guess I got more now..Lol

There is 160 acres the kids all got 22 acres each all buy 1 track is for sale .
Old 10-30-2015, 07:24 PM

Last journal entry: 53 ad3100

Thanked 2,695 Times in 1,670 Posts
Quote:
Ouch!!!!!! That's not spendy? Needed 10 characters. I guess I got more now..Lol
Pocket change for a man like you

Old 10-30-2015, 07:49 PM
Collector of "someday" cars

Last journal entry: continued

Thanked 5,027 Times in 2,768 Posts
22 acres at 8k per is 176,000. That's what a BARE 2 1/2 acre lot sells for in this township.

We wouldn't need a lot of house down there, but 4-5k sq ft of shop would fit my needs...

John, the camping in different areas to experience them is something we've thought about. Problem is, we need a camper for that. I sold the '59 Friendship I had because it was too small. We found a new 16' retro camper that would be tow-able behind the cars and still have decent room to live in, but the wife backed off that this fall when she had to write the check for our son's tuition... She likes the camping idea and we looked at larger trailers that we could travel with the truck, but I want to go to Goodguys events with the cars and need it to be small enough for them to handle.

I'm retired and ready to move/travel/see the country but my wife is 10 years younger than me and keeps saying she will work to full retirement age, which is 67 for her. That's 13 YEARS away... I can't wait another 13 years to start my dream...
Old 10-30-2015, 08:14 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast

2 days of wet sanding and I'm over it! No really, it's done. Did the jambs and fenders today. This 51 Vickie is gonna be laser straight. Can't wait to see it!
Sick as a dog but will drink some apple cider vinegar and get good rest for tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:23 PM
Slow but willing learner

Thanked 8,081 Times in 4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
22 acres at 8k per is 176,000. That's what a BARE 2 1/2 acre lot sells for in this township.

We wouldn't need a lot of house down there, but 4-5k sq ft of shop would fit my needs...

John, the camping in different areas to experience them is something we've thought about. Problem is, we need a camper for that. I sold the '59 Friendship I had because it was too small. We found a new 16' retro camper that would be tow-able behind the cars and still have decent room to live in, but the wife backed off that this fall when she had to write the check for our son's tuition... She likes the camping idea and we looked at larger trailers that we could travel with the truck, but I want to go to Goodguys events with the cars and need it to be small enough for them to handle.

I'm retired and ready to move/travel/see the country but my wife is 10 years younger than me and keeps saying she will work to full retirement age, which is 67 for her. That's 13 YEARS away... I can't wait another 13 years to start my dream...
LOL, well, life is full of compromises. Be thankfull you found this young woman who thinks older guys are sexy. At least one guy anyway.

John
Old 10-30-2015, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
LOL, well, life is full of compromises. Be thankfull you found this young woman who thinks older guys are sexy. At least one guy anyway.

John
This is the only time our age difference has been an issue. I've always been quite proud of having a hot young wife...well, maybe most guys won't think a 54 year is still hot, but she is to me...

Her family has a track record of older men. Her Mom is 10 years younger than her Dad and she has a sister with a husband 16 years older. That gap is really showing it's difference as Karen is 65 and her husband is 81...
Old 10-30-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
Pocket change for a man like you
You're talking to the wrong guy.......

Quote:

Location, location. location. I just checked the Taxable Market Value for the 86 acres me and my brother share in N Mn, all woods, $88.5k Even around here in N WI I'm thinking $1.5k/acre. I have my eye on 20acres that butt's up to my 20. It's all woods and the owner sez I get 1st shot if he sells. He's in his 80s.... Values have dropped in the recent years. Sure, a lake lot can cost you $225k.

Tell the wife your leavin' and ask if she's coming with...... Ya, ya, I'm married too....... Tell her you're going to scope out the countryside to see what looks good.....
Old 10-30-2015, 09:55 PM
Slow but willing learner

Thanked 8,081 Times in 4,133 Posts
Quote:
This is the only time our age difference has been an issue. I've always been quite proud of having a hot young wife...well, maybe most guys won't think a 54 year is still hot, but she is to me...

Her family has a track record of older men. Her Mom is 10 years younger than her Dad and she has a sister with a husband 16 years older. That gap is really showing it's difference as Karen is 65 and her husband is 81...
i

Both Barb's and my fathers were 10 years older than our mothers. Worked for them.

John
Old 10-30-2015, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Tell the wife your leavin' and ask if she's coming with...... Ya, ya, I'm married too....... Tell her you're going to scope out the countryside to see what looks good.....
If I told my wife I was leaving and was she coming with, she would pass out from lack of oxygen laughing. She knows darn well I can't survive on my own anymore. She has spoiled me beyond hope...

Now taking off for a week or 2, she wouldn't hesitate to say "GO". I've talked of getting a trailer and doing a Route 66 tour and going to Goodguys & NSRA events for a week and she has no problem with that.

We both want to camp and visit Zion, Bryce and Arches National Parks in Utah, as well as Yellowstone and Glacier.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:58 PM

Quote:
If I told my wife I was leaving and was she coming with, she would pass out from lack of oxygen laughing. She knows darn well I can't survive on my own anymore. She has spoiled me beyond hope...

Now taking off for a week or 2, she wouldn't hesitate to say "GO". I've talked of getting a trailer and doing a Route 66 tour and going to Goodguys & NSRA events for a week and she has no problem with that.

We both want to camp and visit Zion, Bryce and Arches National Parks in Utah, as well as Yellowstone and Glacier.
Just use plastic, the bills will be sent to the house... I could never get away for a week or 2 w/o my wife. No way no how. I'm out playing while she works? Never happen....

Next fall we're hitting the Gulf in 'Bama, Orange Beach... Not sure for how long. Couple weeks minimum. Hopefully a month.. Save big bucks by taking the pooch with... Too bad your wife apparently can't telecommute....
Old 10-31-2015, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Just use plastic, the bills will be sent to the house... I could never get away for a week or 2 w/o my wife. No way no how. I'm out playing while she works? Never happen....

Next fall we're hitting the Gulf in 'Bama, Orange Beach... Not sure for how long. Couple weeks minimum. Hopefully a month.. Save big bucks by taking the pooch with... Too bad your wife apparently can't telecommute....
Because of the risk associated with my trucking business, all our finances are separate. The only thing we have that is in both our names is the house. All my plastic bills come right back to me and she ignores them..

We stayed in Pensacola for spring break about 4 years ago. Nice area but it can be rainy in the winter. The couple who lived next door sold their house and bought a 54 ft boat a few years ago and they stay in Orange Beach during the winter. They had SNOW 2 years ago !!! But then the whole south was hit with that system. Remember the catastrophe in Atlanta

The wife does work from home some days and any were the traffic on I94 totally sucks because of snow. We live 13 miles east of St. Paul, were she works, and it has taken her almost 2 HOURS to get to work some days. She could telecommute if we went south for a month and yeah, we would have to take the dog. Good grief, dog care is almost as crazy as day care now... It cost $350 when we went to Hawaii last February.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:35 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Thanked 6,944 Times in 4,410 Posts
My brother is playing with other looks and sent me this photo. Check this out guys, he got a 1942 motorcycle license plate from a cousin of ours that was on our uncles Harley in '42! His Crosley has been registered using that plate! Is that cool or what!

We don't know which bike it was one but it could have been this very one with my mom's photo taken to be sent to my dad overseas during the war.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crosley 1.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	253338   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7452.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	978.0 KB
ID:	253346  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
adantessr (10-31-2015), John long (10-31-2015)
Old 10-31-2015, 12:22 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Thanked 1,792 Times in 1,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
My brother is playing with other looks and sent me this photo. Check this out guys, he got a 1942 motorcycle license plate from a cousin of ours that was on our uncles Harley in '42! His Crosley has been registered using that plate! Is that cool or what!

We don't know which bike it was one but it could have been this very one with my mom's photo taken to be sent to my dad overseas during the war.

Brian
THAT my friend is Totally Bit""in!!!!

BB :thum bup:
The Following User Says Thank You to boothboy For This Useful Post:
MARTINSR (10-31-2015)
Old 10-31-2015, 12:24 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Thanked 6,944 Times in 4,410 Posts
We are still thinking to leave the skirts off, this isn't "Hotrod" enough.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
adantessr (10-31-2015)

Tags
build thread, projects

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in