Hot Rod Forum banner

The "What Did You Work On Today" thread

3M views 36K replies 388 participants last post by  cerial 
#1 ·
4 hour work day for me at the shop. Used the time to do a valve body swap on a '01 Jetta 1.8t auto .... I successfully installed a transbrake on the car .... that however wasn't my intention.

Its in 2 gears at once in park, all other gears (R/N/D/2/1) are forward gears.... they all seam to be first gear.

I have it torn back down most of the way. Tuesday I'll actually get the VB back out and see whats up.... but part of me wants to take it out for a test drive the way it is just for the fun of it.

Reactions: drive til its broke
#81 ·
BIG milestone for me today !!!!!!!!!!!

:D today was a big milestone :D

I have been working on the front lower corners, for what seems like, forever :pain:

but I got them both mostly done now (finished the RH today)

got the outside/front support bracing cut off

and the FIREWALL SCREWED ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

I was so excited, I mocked up the floor pieces :thumbup:

Attachments

#82 ·
Looks good Matt!

Today I got back on the Gran Sport for the first time in over a year! OMG how crazy is that! I got one of the doors all done in rubbers and such and heading to putting a fender back on so I can turn it around and get to the other side.

An old friend came by tonight with is 77 Bronco restoration so I was distracted for a good time but it was a great visit, I needed that.

Brian

#85 ·
a bunch of rusty yuck

I was a little intimidated by this part, and had been avoiding it :pain:

yesterday I cut some of it open to see how bad it was, and.......its not as bad as I thought it would be :D

so I looked at it for awhile, trying to figure out how to get it put back together, once I cut it apart :confused:

1) took some pics and printed them
2) took lots of measurements and wrote them down on the pics
3) start cutting and grinding a little bit at a time, until its all gone
4) start trimming the new piece a little at a time, until it fits

I got a good start on it, and I can see its going to work :D

really its a piece of cake :pimp: :p

Attachments

#86 ·
Those *****in Products are really good patch panels,, I used a bunch of their floor board pieces in a 39 chev coupe,, but sold it before I got it finished,, hated to see it go,, but had a itch for something different :D

Attachments

#89 ·
Nothing I Wanted To.

Leave For Work At 6:30 Am. Work. Get Home From Work At 6:30 Pm. Bolt & Washer Had Arrived For The Bottom Pulley On The 33 Ply, (changing From Single V To Double For The Vintage Air Install), So I Went Ahead And Put It In. Thought About Doing This & That To The Car But Decided It Was Too Cold In The Garage, It Was Too Late To Start Something New, I Was Hungry And Tired. Man, Wasn't It Only A Year Or Two Back When I Used To Work The Same Hours And Then Come Home And Spend Another Four To Six Hours On The Project? Getting Old Is For The Birds. Time To Retire So That I Can Do What I Really Like All Day. At The Present Pace, I Only Accomplish Something On The Weekends!!!!

#90 ·
StreetKruzer said:
Leave For Work At 6:30 Am. Work. Get Home From Work At 6:30 Pm. Bolt & Washer Had Arrived For The Bottom Pulley On The 33 Ply, (changing From Single V To Double For The Vintage Air Install), So I Went Ahead And Put It In. Thought About Doing This & That To The Car But Decided It Was Too Cold In The Garage, It Was Too Late To Start Something New, I Was Hungry And Tired. Man, Wasn't It Only A Year Or Two Back When I Used To Work The Same Hours And Then Come Home And Spend Another Four To Six Hours On The Project? Getting Old Is For The Birds. Time To Retire So That I Can Do What I Really Like All Day. At The Present Pace, I Only Accomplish Something On The Weekends!!!!
what did you work on from 630a-630p?

#91 ·
Work

I Work For An Outfit That Builds New & Repairs Used Wreckers, Rollbacks, Etc. We Have About Six Projects Underway Right Now, And I'm The One Who Gets To Make Sure We Have All The Parts & Supplies For The Builds, Etc. Plus I Sell The Accessories (chains, Straps, Cables, Etc. Out The Front Door And I Also Sell Online & On Ebay. Oh Yeah, I Get To Answer The Phones And Direct The Calls To Whomever. Interesting A Lot Of The Time, But Seems Like It Is Always Hectic.

#95 ·
It looks great but isn't that prop going to get in the way when you close it? You may not be able to put an ice box in there without it hitting it. :drunk:

Brian

#98 ·
Yeah cool, I was just picturing my SHO which has hinges that come down way too far and you THINK you have a bunch of room and then find out that half the trunk is taken up by the hinges. :rolleyes: :drunk:

Brian